Hypertherm 105 issues

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Charlieboy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Hypertherm 105 issues

Post by Charlieboy »

Good Morning,

I was look for the advice of Jim Colt or possibly any other knowledgeable fabricators located in this forum over an issue I am having with my hypertherm 105. We moved into a new shop around a year ago and since then the cuts have gradually gotten worse. When we first moved into the shop the inlet pressure to the machine was at 150 PSI, since then i have regulated the pressure down to 100 PSI. Could I have possibly damaged a part in the machine that controls the pressure during cutting? Thank you for any input.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm 105 issues

Post by jimcolt »

The inlet pressure range for a Powermax105 is 90 to 135 psi. Below 90 psi expect poor cut quality and error codes, above 135 psi expect failure of internal air system components.

I would recommend working with Hypertherm tech service to determine your issues with cut quality.

Jim Colt
Charlieboy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Charlieboy »

Will do, thank you
hsolve
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by hsolve »

Good morning to all
I have had an issue with my PM125. It decided to not regulate the air automatically at one stage producing very poor cut quality. It took me some time to determine that it was the PM125 and not something else. Turing the machine off and on several times did not resolve the problem. My inlet air pressure is 8.1bar (120psi) max, with refrigerated dryer and micron inlet air filter, so air quality was not a problem. The issue resolved itself one day when I just plugged the air into the back of the PM125 and herd some light pop. There must have been some sticking in the auto air pressure regulating valve. Have had no problems since. Go figure :P

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”