Hypertherm 900

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
SCHRAMM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm 900

Post by SCHRAMM »

Question dealing with the plasmacam and the jumper that goes from the trigger area to the control computer on the table.

I bought a used plasmacam 98z and it came with the computer with software as well as a hypertherm 900, before you say it I know its old.
I am not trying to get into the metal cutting business I was just adding metal cutting to my antique mirror business to be able to add metal
designs to my frames with metal accents with designs.

I am 100% confused on how to piggy tail this to my table as the guy I bought this from had un-hooked the plama to use it at home and this entire machine was put out of use 12 years ago. If someone can tell me or better off show me how this hooks up I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Rob
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm 900

Post by jimcolt »

There are only two wires on the connection for a Plasmacam model 98z. If your Powermax900 has a hand torch...then you need to connect them parallel with the trigger switch on the torch. The plasma cam simply closes a contact.....which is exactly what occurs when you press the torch trigger switch. If your Powermax900 has a machine torch...then you must connect to pins 3 and 4 on the rear panel circular plastic connector. Pins 3 and 4 will not fire a hand torch, but will fire a machine torch.

Plasmacam's tech service is very helpful with these connections as well. If I remember correctly my old 98Z had a small relay.....and a set of contacts from the relay had to be wired to the connections I list above.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”