DynaTorch XLS & Windows 10

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
steelfx
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

DynaTorch XLS & Windows 10

Post by steelfx »

Hi,

Do any of y'all know if I can run my Dynatorch Table with a PC running Win10 OS?

The Win7 PC that came with the turn-key system has been problematic since Day 1, (March 10, 2017), so yesterday I transferred all my settings & programs to a New Dell XPS PC, but still having a few problems that are rendering the table unusable.

I've had my table since March '17 and it's been usable about 10-15 days out of 385 days.

Never had ANY problems with my 1st Dynatorch table, and used it almost every day for over 4 years.

I don't want to get too long-winded, I just need to know if anyone has information re: Win10 compatibility.

Thus far, I have not received any "real" answers from Tech Support.

Thanks in Advance!

Bill ;)
MajorMetal
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: DynaTorch XLS & Windows 10

Post by MajorMetal »

I don’t have an answer for you but I would be livid with Dynatorch. A brand new $25k table that you can’t use? Tech support there can be tough to deal with sometimes. Most of the time they don’t answer the phone and then when they do they talk to you like you are supposed to know as much about the table as they do. They might as well be speaking another language.

I’m getting ready to purchase another table but I’m seriously considering other brands this time.
METALWORX-IND
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by METALWORX-IND »

It is my understanding that they have two tech guys and they take alternating weeks of one of them traveling for table installs and training while the other is in the office. If I am remembering correctly their names are Russell and Micheal. You might have better luck if you find out which one is in the office and ask for them directly. If you can't get in touch with them I would call the salesman Ric and he should be able to tell you if they sell the XLS tables with windows 10. I am on my second table from them and I have always had good technical support from them. I have a Super B table that I purchased last year and I am running on Windows 10 without any problems.
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

It's been frustrating, to say the least. I've spoken with Russell and Michael several times, but my last few emails and texts have gone un-returned.
It's encouraging to hear that the Super-B works well with Windows 10. That tells me that the XLS should, too!
Leon (one of the owners of Dynatorch) flew out and got the table running well a few months ago, but a few weeks later it crashed again. So, I guess I'll just keep calling, texting and emailing.
There are at least 2 other Dynatorch systems in town, so I'll see if one of them can come over & troubleshoot for me. My settings look good, but I may be missing something.
Thanks to both of you for the input.
Bill
MajorMetal
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by MajorMetal »

Good luck to you. I hope it all works out.
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

Thanks!
Bill
Dynatorch78
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Dynatorch78 »

I bought mine in 2015. It upgraded to Windows 10 automatically.
You have to go into comport settings and adjust the numbers suggested in the help section. It should be #3 and#4 . This controls the rate at which to motors receive information.
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

Thanks! I finally got it working, and you're right, it WAS the ComPort/USB settings. All good now!
Bill
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

steelfx wrote:Thanks! I finally got it working, and you're right, it WAS the ComPort/USB settings. All good now!
Bill
Could you post details on the fix in case others search for the same issue?
Glad you got it fixed
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

This Screen Capture is from their Help Section on Performance Issues. It's being updated, but the information here should be helpful. :D Bill
DYNATORCH PERFORMANCE HELP PAGE_COMPORTS & USB SETTINGS.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”