Corner speeds and THC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Dynatorch78
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Corner speeds and THC

Post by Dynatorch78 »

I have a dynatorch xls and I have a lot of trouble in corners with overshoot , squiggly edges, gantry hoping. I can slow things way down but then there is a lot of dross to deal with.

The machine has a powemax 105 BTW. I have had it for 3 years now and taking corners and doing artwork have always been promplemattic. Maybe the xls series was never intended to do light gauge fast cutting?

Can som6post settings?
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Corner speeds and THC

Post by tcaudle »

Maybe I dreamed it but I though DynaTorch software/controls had corner slowdown built in. The best analogy is with a road race. Thick metal is done at slow speeds and corners and sharp turns are gradual so your pickup loaded with rocks will do just fine. When the speeds increase, you need a higher performance vehicle or you have to slow down to normal speeds in the corners and turns. Corner Slowdown needs to be combined with controlling the THC action so it does not dive when the voltage increases from cutting slower.

To get high performance on corners you have to have a table with high acceleration . Acceleration is defined as A = F/M or the Force (torque) / Total Weight of the ganty (Mass). You can change either factor (increase torque or decrease weight) The mechanics of the table have to be able to support the increased forces created by the sharp acceleration and deceleration.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”