File Conversion Pro Needed

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
chevybythesea
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

File Conversion Pro Needed

Post by chevybythesea »

I am looking for someone I can pay to do drawings for tracings for my plasma table. Perhaps about 5-10 a month. I just don't have the time/desire to do this, and would rather pay someone for their expertise. Time times (like now), it is a lineart kokopelli, sometimes it is a photo I've been given. Does anyone have any contacts for someone like that?
5x10 ArcLight Dynamics Plasma table
http://www.thesteelyardinc.net
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: File Conversion Pro Needed

Post by djreiswig »

See the bottom of the first post on this section.
https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic. ... 94#p163594
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

chevybythesea wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:10 pm I am looking for someone I can pay to do drawings for tracings for my plasma table. Perhaps about 5-10 a month. I just don't have the time/desire to do this, and would rather pay someone for their expertise. Time times (like now), it is a lineart kokopelli, sometimes it is a photo I've been given. Does anyone have any contacts for someone like that?
PM sent.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Post a sample of what you are looking to have converted into a DXF file, presumably for plasma cutting. I am just one on many people who can draw what you need. Those of us who use DesignEdge are perhaps particularly adept at this, because of the nature of the software. I am retired and I enjoy this kind of stuff! Let me see what you want, and we can take it from there.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
RobinHillMachine
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobinHillMachine »

I draw custom plasma files for a living. You can visit http://facebook.com/customDXF to see samples of my work. Email DXF@robinhillmachine.com with image and cut size any time you would like a price quote.

Download some of my free files here on PlasmaSpider to try out my design style.
Julie's the name, DXF is the game. http://robinhillmachine.com
Email DXF@robinhillmachine.com
chevybythesea

Post by chevybythesea »

I have attached a few examples of current projects. Typically, they are one-off cut-outs, in the 12x12 to 30x30 size.

I do recognize there are videos and such to help me learn how to convert these pictures to being plasma ready - but I own a small business - a steel distribution company - and just don't have time to draw the art I get. Hence, it is more cost effective for me to pay someone to do it.
IMG_20220913_131511.jpg
DVFD-Fire-Rescue.png
Screenshot_3.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

chevybythesea wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:13 pm Hence, it is more cost effective for me to pay someone to do it.
Okay. :roll: I can draw anything, but when you say you are "willing to pay someone" ... that is too vague.

WHAT are you willing to pay someone to convert these files into error-free, cut ready DXF files? I ask, because I can almost guarantee you that the number rolling around in YOUR head as a fair price to pay for conversion of a JPG image into a single use cut-ready file is quite a bit lower than the number rolling around in the heads of those who can convert these files for you. :lol:

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I just did a quickie to show you, but I know the fonts are wrong, and everything else is not exact. I didn't bother to duplicate your exact image, because I just don't have the time, and you do not know the names of the FONTS used in your example image. This is just a "quick and dirty" example of what someone can do with drawing software.

Joe
ELLISON RANCH JPG.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

When someone shows me something like your examples, my VERY FIRST QUESTION is always, "What are the names of the FONTS used in the image?"

If the client KNOWS the names of the fonts, the price is much lower, because I don't need to go on a hunt for the matching fonts.

If they DO NOT know the names of the fonts used, then there are two options:

1. Make the sign with something close to the fonts used.

2. Hunt for the EXACT FONTS used, and duplicate them exactly.

Option #2 automatically triples the price of the item, because the largest amount of TIME in creating these DXF files is finding and duplicating the #$$$%&* FONTS! :lol:

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

chevybythesea

Post by chevybythesea »

Okay. :roll: I can draw anything, but when you say you are "willing to pay someone" ... that is too vague.

WHAT are you willing to pay someone to convert these files into error-free, cut ready DXF files? I ask, because I can almost guarantee you that the number rolling around in YOUR head as a fair price to pay for conversion of a JPG image into a single use cut-ready file is quite a bit lower than the number rolling around in the heads of those who can convert these files for you. :lol:

Joe
In the past, I would pay $35-75 for art to be converted to plasma-ready. In today's market, $50-80 seems fair.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

chevybythesea wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:21 am

Joe
In the past, I would pay $35-75 for art to be converted to plasma-ready. In today's market, $50-80 seems fair.
That is certainly fair, but HOW do you make money paying $75 for a single file for a one-off job?

Just as an example, if you know the name of the font(s) used (or you are comfortable with "close enough") I would create the above example for ten bucks. It doesn't take long to draw anything in DesignEdge. The thing that takes the time is the $@%^& FONTS!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

chevybythesea

Post by chevybythesea »

That is certainly fair, but HOW do you make money paying $75 for a single file for a one-off job?
I price my art based on materials cost (which for me is low, I get my sheet metal direct from the mill), and everyone talks about how low the price is. Maybe I'm doing something different, but I have sold my art using these specs for the last 10 years. Seems to work fine.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

chevybythesea wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:45 pm

I price my art based on materials cost (which for me is low, I get my sheet metal direct from the mill), and everyone talks about how low the price is. Maybe I'm doing something different, but I have sold my art using these specs for the last 10 years. Seems to work fine.
:Like :Like :Like
Hootville
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Hootville »

chevybythesea wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:10 pm I am looking for someone I can pay to do drawings for tracings for my plasma table. Perhaps about 5-10 a month. I just don't have the time/desire to do this, and would rather pay someone for their expertise. Time times (like now), it is a lineart kokopelli, sometimes it is a photo I've been given. Does anyone have any contacts for someone like that?
I could help out with this as well. Recently retired myself, and plan on spending more time in the shop messing with the plasma table and miscellaneous projects. As I’m local, I’ve been in your store several times this year for materials. Maybe we can swap out for some materials for the work😁. PM me if interested.
Hypertherm Powermax 65
4'x 8' Eagle Plasma Table
AutoCad Civil 3D
SheetCam
Mach3
Lincoln MIG
Everlast 256S Combo Arc/TIG/Plasma
Millermatic 211

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”