looking to have a cut file made

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
JTurnbull
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

looking to have a cut file made

Post by JTurnbull »

i am looking to have a cut file made its for a weather vane topper its psycle sam greatful dead skeleton on motorcycle any help would be fantastic i have been trying on my own for a few days
RobinHillMachine
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: looking to have a cut file made

Post by RobinHillMachine »

Do you have a picture of Sam on the motorcycle?
Julie's the name, DXF is the game. http://robinhillmachine.com
Email DXF@robinhillmachine.com
JTurnbull
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JTurnbull »

Yes I do but not sure how to attach it
JTurnbull
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JTurnbull »

I emailed you a pic Robin hill machine
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

JTurnbull wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:06 pm Yes I do but not sure how to attach it
Go down below the Quick Reply and click on "Full Editor and Preview" After you get there you will see "two tabs under the large text box, the are "Options" and "Attachments" Click the attachments tab, that will take you to another tab that says "Add files" click that. You then have a typical add files box like most online sites have for you to select the place to find your file and add it to the file name bar in the lower line. When you have selected your file click "OPEN" and you will come back to your posting, if thee file type is one of the type that can be posted and the file size is not to large it will be loaded to a staging line. Then all you need to do is select a spot in your post where you want to place the file,( I make a new line at that point by hitting RETURN) click there and then move your pointer down to the line where your file is listed and click "Place inline". At that point you can either add more things to your post or do one of the three options just below your post. I like to preview my posts but that's your choice. When you are done make sure you click on POST so the rest of us can see what you have.

If you haven't made a picture yet, or don't know how to get a picture of your file try these two different ways, both work OK.

1: In your CAD or whatever you use to make your files in, bring in the file that you want to make a picture of, center it and enlarge it so it fills most of your screen. After you have the part you want to make a picture of just right look on your keyboard (top row of keys) and find the "Prt Scr) key, push it, then open "PAINT" or something like it and find the "paste" tab. You will then have a copy of your CAD screen with your project in it. Find the "select" tab and click and drag the box until you have the picture you want inside the box, click the mouse and the select box will stay just like that. Now go to the menu on top and click on crop and everything that was outside the box will go away. Now under the file tab you have the option of saving the picture to wherever you want to, be sure to save it as a JPG as the board likes that best (no BMP) Your done. When you post your CAD file you can post your picture file above or below it.

2: You can use "Snipping Tool" from Win 10 if you have it and save a bunch of steps. Just follow the part above to get your file on the screen and then open "Snipping Tool" click on "new" and you get the select box just like in "paint". Select the part of your screen you want (click and drag) and then release the mouse. A new box pops up with your picture in it. Under the file tab is save so you can tell it where to put the picture and what to call it. That's it, your done.
:Yay :Yay :Yay

Larry
JTurnbull
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JTurnbull »

Thanks for the help

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”