Font Help

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Font Help

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Good morning! Anyone know what font this is? Your help will be appreciated.
k2tf2sqtaoury0yskxm1.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Font Help

Post by Scratch »

Have you ever tried whatthefont at https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ ? just upload that image in and it will tell you either what it is, or give you a bunch of fonts that are similar.

I tried using it, but couldn't find an exact match. Maybe someone else has another suggestion for finding specific fonts?
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

EDIT
Last edited by Larry83301 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

Larry83301 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:35 am I would try DAFONT.COM They have several fonts that look kinda like what you are looking for. You can use the preview mode to compare the font to your picture, just use tow windows, one with your picture and the other with the fonts.

https://www.dafont.com/mtheme.php?id=6& ... verly+Rose
With 200 on a page there are 120 pages so it may take some time to go thru all of them. :Yay

Enjoy

Larry
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

The thing I hate most about making signs for people, is when they want the exact FONT in the photo, but they have no clue as to the name of the FONT.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Larry83301 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:35 am
Larry83301 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:35 am I would try DAFONT.COM They have several fonts that look kinda like what you are looking for. You can use the preview mode to compare the font to your picture, just use tow windows, one with your picture and the other with the fonts.

https://www.dafont.com/mtheme.php?id=6& ... verly+Rose
With 200 on a page there are 120 pages so it may take some time to go thru all of them. :Yay

Enjoy

Larry
Larry - that's a great suggestion! I'm sure there are some that are pretty close.
David
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Just as an exercise, I searched for this font without success. I found many that were similar, but not the exact font.

Sorry.

Joe
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

I just did an address sign last weekend above a persons garage door. The numbers were spelled out so there were several letters to accomplish this. . They had a font that the liked, which I found online, but it would have cost them an additional $26. I had one that was close that I found in my collection tha tI offered to them as well for no additional cost. But they werent crazy about my font initially. I figured that they could do the legwork to find a free one if they didnt want to pay for a font that they wanted (which Iagain I found). So I gave them the Dafont website and one other website and told them that if they want to look through the thousands of pages and find a free one, have at it.. A few days later they got back with me and decided to use one that I had on my computer and offered them, which I suggested to them originally. I let them jump through their own hoops.
The Signage turned out great once they pulled the trigger, but I wouldn't let them run me ragged, and everyone was happy!

Maybe give them a link to the Dafont website and have them do the legwork, They will likely settle on something free IMO!
Last edited by tinspark on Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Doug - I like the way you think!
David

:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

Looks like the font that you are looking for may be "Limon Script"------ So close, but...?
https://www.fonts.com/search/all-fonts? ... mit=Search
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Hypertherm 45XP-
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I have used that font before, but I have no memory. I cannot remember the name.

I do have it on an external hard drive, but that drive has almost 600,000 fonts on it that I have collected and/or purchased over the years, and finding it without the exact name is nearly impossible.

Joe
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Joe Jones wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:13 pm that drive has almost 600,000 fonts on it that I have collected and/or purchased over the years
Very impressive!!
David
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

Joe Jones wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:13 pm I have used that font before, but I have no memory. I cannot remember the name.

I do have it on an external hard drive, but that drive has almost 600,000 fonts on it that I have collected and/or purchased over the years, and finding it without the exact name is nearly impossible.

Joe
I only 4-5k fonts, but I like to use this free program called "Font Viewer" to get through my measly collection. It catalogues them and shows the font characters. It'd take me a month (who knows how long) to search through 600k fonts. It'd probably crash my computer trying to search through them all. LOL!! There is a function on the home page (bottom right corner- "LOAD") that allows the user to select a drive, so it may even work on an external herd drive.. But 600k??
IDK?
http://fontviewer.net/
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Hypertherm 45XP-
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I didn’t realize how many I had, until I went through all of the CDs and DVDs and old hard drives etc. I pulled them all into a huge file and deleted the duplicates. Fonts from the OLD computer CDs they used to sell in Comp USA and stores that supported the old Apple and Commodore 64 computers too. Some fonts are duplicates under different names, or someone created a variation on an old font from the 80s.

Amazingly, as long as they are a TTF (True Type Font) the will work with today’s programs.

I went to print a catalog of them, but it would have required REAMS of paper!

Joe
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

tinspark wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:54 pm
Joe Jones wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:13 pm I have used that font before, but I have no memory. I cannot remember the name.

Joe
I only 4-5k fonts, but I like to use this free program called "Font Viewer" to get through my measly collection. It catalogues them and shows the font characters. It'd take me a month (who knows how long) to search through 600k fonts. It'd probably crash my computer trying to search through them all. LOL!! There is a function on the home page (bottom right corner- "LOAD") that allows the user to select a drive, so it may even work on an external herd drive.. But 600k??
IDK?
http://fontviewer.net/
Sounds like Joe must have every font known to exist, and then some!
David
Lots of Fonts.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Remember in the 80's when they would throw together those cheap CDs of fonts and sell them for about $10.00? A font collection of "FUN FONTS", "ANIMAL FONTS", "KID FONTS", "CLOWN FONTS", "BALLOON FONTS", "BUSINESS FONTS", "HALLOWEEN FONTS", "CHRISTMAS FONTS", "FEATHER FONTS", "BUBBLE FONTS" etc. Well, I probably have all of those fonts.

I have the old fonts from Print Shop, Print Artist, Word Perfect and other Desktop Publishing programs of the 80's. The programs will not run on 64-Bit PCs, but the fonts still work ... mostly.

Probably 95% of them will NEVER be used because they were created at a time when making silly, impractical fonts was a "thing." SOME of them cannot be read by today's modern programs. 7-BIT vs 8 BIT, and other anomalies. But if I can FIND and fire up an old Commodore 64, or an Amiga, or a Texas Instruments computer, I can still access them!

Also, the greatest majority of these fonts did not have CNC plasma cutting in mind. They were meant to be printed by ink jet printers, so they are basically USELESS for metal art and current sign making techniques.

Remember that most fonts have a Regular, a Bold, an Italic, a Regular Italic, A Bold Italic, a Strikethrough and an Outline font in their groups. Some of them have VERTICAL (letters rotate 90 degrees) and MIRROR options too.

Joe
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

It’s a lot like when I send my helper to the truck to get me a 10” piece of copper. I have to remind them that I want it measured in regular inches, not penis inches…..
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

rdj357 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:37 am It’s a lot like when I send my helper to the truck to get me a 10” piece of copper. I have to remind them that I want it measured in regular inches, not penis inches…..
Oh yeah those were the days :HaHa :HaHa
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
alanmccabe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by alanmccabe »

Another place I have subscribed to for the last year that has thousands of fonts and designs and you gat a licence to make money from the design, font that remains even if you unsubscribe is https://www.creativefabrica.com

I have used many of the fonts and designs in my laser cutting may work for some of you.
Home built 4x4 Plasma Cutter
UCCNC
Oxford 350 Plasma Cutter with machine port.
Trafimet Autocut S65P machine torch

co2 1200x600 75 watt laser
Co2 1300x900 100 watt laser
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

alanmccabe wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:21 am Another place I have subscribed to for the last year that has thousands of fonts and designs and you gat a licence to make money from the design, font that remains even if you unsubscribe is https://www.creativefabrica.com

I have used many of the fonts and designs in my laser cutting may work for some of you.
Thanks!

Joe
ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

tinspark wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:54 pm http://fontviewer.net/
Thanks for the link, works great!
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~