need help making files

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
authenticwrench
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

need help making files

Post by authenticwrench »

I am still new to this and I am picking it up as fast as I can being a side hustle of mine. That being said I need to keep the ball rolling and the money coming in to keep this dream of mine alive. I am looking for help drawing up some dxf files from photos I have been given so I can get orders out the door and money still coming in. I am not looking for freebies and I would be willing to pay for someone to make these files for me. Also some tips and tricks along the way so that I can one day get this down myself.

The files I need made are of 2 different cars and a dog.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: need help making files

Post by acourtjester »

Simple fix contact Ben De lappe designsbydelap@gmail.com
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

It's pretty clear that what you need is some paid help. Since joining about six weeks ago, nearly all your posts have been requests for conversion help.

I see you have not asked one question in the Inkscape section of the forum despite the fact you say are trying your hardest to learn Inkscape for tracing. I use Coreldraw but in the process of learning I had to ask quite a few questions in addition to all the videos and tutorials I studied.

Seeing as this is for business income on a regular basis I would be asking the question who is there on the forum that does paid file conversions so that you can directly contact them each time and get the money rolling in. Posting for help each time in the DXF sharing section or the file conversion help section does not seem like a way to efficiently get the help you need.

Also see the forum rules regarding asking for help:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=27175
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

red car jpg.jpg
Well, just to force myself to get back into it, I traced the red car. I tried to upload the file, but seriously, a 1 MEG upload file size limit?! PM me with an E-mail address and I'll send the file to you, no charge. I just needed to get back onto the PC to TRY to get myself motivated again.

Joe

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

The problem with car files is that in order to get the detail you want with a plasma cutter, you need to make the piece fairly large. If you are using a laser, you can get that fine detail much easier.

Joe
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

authenticwrench wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:24 am I am still new to this and I am picking it up as fast as I can being a side hustle of mine. That being said I need to keep the ball rolling and the money coming in to keep this dream of mine alive. I am looking for help drawing up some dxf files from photos I have been given so I can get orders out the door and money still coming in. I am not looking for freebies and I would be willing to pay for someone to make these files for me. Also some tips and tricks along the way so that I can one day get this down myself.

The files I need made are of 2 different cars and a dog.
What machine are you using to cut these? Plasma? Laser? Router?

If you are just starting out, take on jobs that you CAN DO with the skill set you have. Simple signs ... "OFFICE" "IN" "OUT" "OPEN" "CLOSED" etc.

You seem to want to learn how to RUN before you learn how to walk. Yes, you CAN pay someone to create files for you, but where is the reward in that? If you are just going to farm out the art work, then sell your machine, find someone with a plasma table or a laser table, get someone else to do your artwork, and then have the piece made for YOU, mark it up 20% and sell it to your customer.

That old classic car cut with a plasma table would need to be about 36" long in order to get any appreciable detail out of the piece.

Joe
authenticwrench
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

i clearly said i am willing to pay, i am not looking for a handout. i understand time is money and peoples skill set is worth money. i paid to be a member here and i am willing to pay for the help needed. inkscape frustrates me to no end and i am trying when i get free time to learn what i can. i have files that i have drawn that i am willing to share but they are of mostly just simple brackets and mounts or modifying files i have found to suit my needs.
beefy wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:40 pm It's pretty clear that what you need is some paid help. Since joining about six weeks ago, nearly all your posts have been requests for conversion help.

I see you have not asked one question in the Inkscape section of the forum despite the fact you say are trying your hardest to learn Inkscape for tracing. I use Coreldraw but in the process of learning I had to ask quite a few questions in addition to all the videos and tutorials I studied.

Seeing as this is for business income on a regular basis I would be asking the question who is there on the forum that does paid file conversions so that you can directly contact them each time and get the money rolling in. Posting for help each time in the DXF sharing section or the file conversion help section does not seem like a way to efficiently get the help you need.

Also see the forum rules regarding asking for help:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=27175
authenticwrench
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

just to show that i am trying this is what i have so far on my own.

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

That is okay. The thing to remember is, the plasma torch is capable of only so much detail. So lines on a grill look good in a drawing, but if the lines are too close together, the entire grill will be blown out as the metal between the cuts will be too thin to handle the heat.

Keep working on your drawing skills. Remember that “Bigger is BETTER” when making metal art with a plasma cutter.

Joe
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Watch for "islands." For example, your left headlight will fall out with the region around it, unless you back off those paths so they do not completely cut out the region.

Joe
authenticwrench
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Well I just buckled down and figured it out myself, took me a long time this time around but definitely learned what to do for the next time around.

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Good job!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

authenticwrench wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:30 pm Well I just buckled down and figured it out myself, took me a long time this time around but definitely learned what to do for the next time around.
Very Nicely Done!!! Keep up the good work!
David
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Well done! Looks great :Like :Like
ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

Very nice!
Now you know what works and what doesn't.
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
sbest1
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by sbest1 »

Awesome Job. It takes time to learn, but is very rewarding when you can make your own! When I started out, I had a notebook that I recorded all the steps I used so I remember on the next. Especially if you don't do it often.

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”