New Mexico Trooper

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
bp4511
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

New Mexico Trooper

Post by bp4511 »

Id like to cut this out for my baby brother maybe something 24 inches. He recently had a coworker die in the line of duty. I would like to cut one for my brother and one for the fallen troopers family. I'm still very new at this so any help to have it complete as possible and cut ready would be awesome. Thank you

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

4x4 Crossfire Pro Cnc Table
Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
ViaCad2D
Sheetcam
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: New Mexico Trooper

Post by beefy »

Have you looked into other software yet.
Last time you asked for help you said you were using Viacad. From what I see that appears to be more of a "mechanical" design type cad, so I don't think you'll be able to do want you want and you will always be asking others to convert for you.

What you really need is 2D vector drawing software like Inkscape (free and many use it), Coreldraw (paid and what I use), or Adobe Illustrator (paid).

There used to be a lot of posts in the forum on Coreldraw but that has really dwindled. Seems the free Inkscape is what a lot are using and apparently there's heaps of tutorials on Youtube, etc.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
bp4511
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bp4511 »

Ok thanks
Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
ViaCad2D
Sheetcam
Beerbudget5
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Beerbudget5 »

bp4511, I used to use Viacad. I have since started using inkscape. Lots of help out there (and, FREE). This forum and youtube are great resources. I won't say I'm as good as acourtjester (not even close), but if you watch the many videos out there, you will surprise yourself with the designs you can produce.
bp4511
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bp4511 »

ok ill give it a shot
Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
ViaCad2D
Sheetcam
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I would recommend trying Inkscape for this. Use the lower jpeg image you show above. I would use Paint.net to convert to black and white and adjust brightness/contrast, then import to Inkscape and use "path, trace bitmap" to do the auto trace. Save as dxf. You could also try using Convertio (free online file converter) to convert from jpeg to dxf. I would also recommend LightBurn (about $40 to buy) for auto tracing your jpeg and exporting in dxf format. You could use viacad to edit the dxf since you are already familiar with it.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Information given is great, gives you paths to select, as you move along post questions. The membership here is very knowledgeable many using different software. When asking a question give enough info and images (if needed) to get a clear answer.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”