seamless spouting sign

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
Machinist383
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

seamless spouting sign

Post by Machinist383 »

anybody want to help with this file when I traced in inkscape the font was so distorted I cant save it and was unable to find the fonts online to start from scratch
I know its a simple one but im pretty new at this and my orders are coming in not letting much time for software catchup

customer wants it 8-10 feet wide with two colors ,but with out the phone number or the town and state

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: seamless spouting sign

Post by Larry83301 »

Contact one of the people on the board to make it for you, like ben de lappe or one of the others that do files to order.

Larry
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Machinist,

seeing as work is coming in and this is business, and you can't do this yourself, as Larry said it would be best to directly contact one of the guys here that do paid work for converting. It sounds like you are going to need regular conversions done until you get time to go through some Inkscape tracing tutorials (plenty of them on Youtube apparently).

The conversion guys are all listed in this thread:
https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=27175
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

See if this will get you started. It needs some additional cleanup, but I did the auto-trace with Inkscape and it may be something you can work with.
David
Stauffer Seamless Spouting image.jpg
Stauffer Seamless Spouting.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Machinist383
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Machinist383 »

thats alot better than i got with inkscape , thank you for the help
I am learning slowly but got a ways to go
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Sometimes is help to manipulate the image before you trace, I think David said he changes the brightness and contrast first. There is a video using the Paint program to isolate things before bringing them into Inkscape. Thanks to RDJ357 :Like

This helped a lot to break apart a drawing and saving them as separate files and them bringing them into Inkscape by using the import function to join them again. You can select different areas in the image and manipulate it to get the parts you want then save them.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:07 pm Sometimes is help to manipulate the image before you trace, I think David said he changes the brightness and contrast first. There is a video using the Paint program to isolate things before bringing them into Inkscape. Thanks to RDJ357 :Like

This helped a lot to break apart a drawing and saving them as separate files and them bringing them into Inkscape by using the import function to join them again. You can select different areas in the image and manipulate it to get the parts you want then save them.
That's a great video that Robert made. He uses Paint, VinylMaster, and Design Edge to complete the processing of the sample image. I don't believe he used Inkscape in this video (maybe I missed it).
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

You are correct, he generated the video to answer the question I had about how he used Paint to aid the process. I have used the Paint program as described above when I do traces, in selecting (manipulating the data) items in the original image. As with many of us he uses other programs to finish the project, I like Inkscape.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”