The Way It Ought To Be. Tribute to my recently passed father.

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: The Way It Ought To Be. Tribute to my recently passed father.

Post by adbuch »

Legendaryduh wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:03 pm Looking at sendcutsend.com its roughly 74$ for this project @ 10"x12" on .080 5056 Alumi which seems a little outrageous. Essentially this is what Im looking for, website wise, to finish this project.
I took a look at sendcutsend site, and it looks like they do cnc laser cutting - but I did not see any mention or examples of laser engraving. Did you speak with them on the phone and explain exactly what you are after?
sendcutsend.jpg

That $74 does not seem out of line for a single part, I deal with a local cnc laser cutter who would probably charge more than that for a single part. Even though you (or I) supply the dxf file, they still have some programming time to convert the file to g-code to run their machine, and time to set the machine up with the proper material and thickness. The price will come way down if you are ordering larger quantities of parts. I would guess that for qty. 10 the price might be around $20 to $25 per part.

Here is an example of a laser cut radius gauge that I have cut and engraved locally. This part is 16 ga. steel and about 12" x 3" in size. I supply dxf file. Price for a single part is around $100, but I order qty. 50 pieces at a time and the price drops to under $5 per part. I understand that you don't need 50 pieces, so depending on your requirements $75 to $100 is probably not out of line for a single part.

David
radius gauge.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Nice looking Planishing hammer dies, supplying the radius gauge as an addition item makes for a complete kit. :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Thanks! Here's one that looks better than mine. This guy sort of copied me on design, but his is cnc laser cut, black anodized, and then machine engraved. This same process would work well for the OP's plaque. I actually like the idea of reproducing the OP's original poster with company name and logo just as it appears in his photo. Maybe get a bunch of them printed up or cut/engraved (for resale). Every car guy and tool guy needs to have one on the wall of his shop.
David
Radius Gauge 1.jpg
Radius Gauge 2.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Legendaryduh
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Legendaryduh »

Hey guys,

Im finally getting around to this project since Ive gotten a new job! Im having an issue with the design that i have no idea how to fix. Here is the message that sendcutsend.com sent me (thats a mouthful xD)

"Hi Joshua,

Thank you for submitting your online order! I want to follow up on your design. All the centers of the closed letters, like "o," will be lost in our cut process along with the center of the figure on the left. I recommend adding two "bridges" of material to the center of each letter and the figure so they remain intact."

Can anyone help me make these changes?

below is a link to the image that was created for me here. Thank you for any help guys!

https://ibb.co/bm2cJP1
Legendaryduh
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Legendaryduh »

I think the DXF file should be in this thread still? I dont know how to upload files myself
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Legendaryduh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:02 am I think the DXF file should be in this thread still? I dont know how to upload files myself
You will find several dxf files for this on the first page of this thread.
David
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

You can etch stainless and steel along with aluminum with a few other processes too. Same process with the vinyl but use salt water and a battery charger or ferric chloride. Many videos show this on youtube.
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”