Need Help with this one please

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
number1cas
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need Help with this one please

Post by number1cas »

I have worked on this one for about 2 months and probably 30 or more hours. It has me beat at this point. It is an image a friend made for my brother in laws facebook page I want to cut it out and light it as a gift for him but I cant get it finished. It is beyond my skills at this point and I am running out of time to finish it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and I will continue to learn on simpler item for now.

***EDIT****
I cant seem to include the DXF I have been working on, It says its too big at 1.1Gb so I guess I need help to do that first *sigh*

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Last edited by number1cas on Wed May 13, 2020 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonbakler
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Need Help with this one please

Post by sonbakler »

To attach a larger file just right click on your dxf file and hover over "Send To" the from the fly out menu click on "Compressed (zipped) Folder" and the zip file will be small enough to attch for us to see.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Her is what I come up with after about 2 hours. This is the different shapes traced and broken apart, you will need to work on the letters. I would cut the parts out and paint them and then attach them to a square backing plate. I did reshape some for smoother lines. I use the paint program to separate the parts and move them into Inkscape for tracing and reshaping, the original shading causes problems in Inkscape. The cigar is now one piece on the right side. :HaHa
cocky customs logo.dxf
cocky customs logo.dxf
cocky customs 50.JPG

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

sonbakler wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:24 am To attach a larger file just right click on your dxf file and hover over "Send To" the from the fly out menu click on "Compressed (zipped) Folder" and the zip file will be small enough to attch for us to see.
Thanks for that info. I was having the same problem with my dxf files being too large to attach. Problem solved!
David
Business Card 1.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

number1cas wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:19 am I have worked on this one for about 2 months and probably 30 or more hours. It has me beat at this point. It is an image a friend made for my brother in laws facebook page I want to cut it out and light it as a gift for him but I cant get it finished. It is beyond my skills at this point and I am running out of time to finish it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and I will continue to learn on simpler item for now.

***EDIT****
I cant seem to include the DXF I have been working on, It says its too big at 1.1Gb so I guess I need help to do that first *sigh*
Are you planning to cut it out of a single sheet of material (stencil letters), or cut out your individual letters and image and attach them to a backing?
David
number1cas
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by number1cas »

I am wanting to cut it out of a square plate so that I can put lights behind it. I attached what I have made so far. I am having trouble with the teeth especially.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

This is how it would look cut from a single piece of sheet metal based on the results from acourtjester. . Some of the centers of the letters will fall out (mainly the letter O) along with some of the other small pieces. It would take some modification to achieve your desired result. You would need to move some of the parts around to get it to look like your original.
David
cocky stencil layout.jpg

plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

adbuch wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:32 am This is how it would look cut from a single piece of sheet metal based on the results from acourtjester. . Some of the centers of the letters will fall out (mainly the letter O) along with some of the other small pieces. It would take some modification to achieve your desired result. You would need to move some of the parts around to get it to look like your original.
David
I believe AC's design was not intended to be cut as shown but rather he has created all the elements so as you could cut the pieces and layer them. He's a master of the layered designs. That being said it will be very difficult if not impossible to make this a single layer backlit sign.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

plasmanewbie wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:03 am

I believe AC's design was not intended to be cut as shown but rather he has created all the elements so as you could cut the pieces and layer them. He's a master of the layered designs. That being said it will be very difficult if not impossible to make this a single layer backlit sign.
Agreed.
David
blucllrplt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by blucllrplt »

ROOSTER.pdf
ROOSTER.jpg
Not sure if these will attach as I'm not a paying member but here is my interpretation of the rooster

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Nice work!!
David
Rooster as cut.jpg
rooster.dxf

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”