3D File drawing

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
stdave66
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

3D File drawing

Post by stdave66 »

Most of us have made some of the 3D puzzles you can find out there, but has anyone on here actually drawn one up? I need two human images in specific poses with the 3D look. I just loaded Fusion 360 but really don't have the time right now to learn another software (and hoping that Fushion could do this). I'm willing to pay of course. I'm wanting a simplified version of the 3D files you usually see. I don't want a hundred plates, just one side profile as one piece, and then from the 'Front' view, just minimal pieces for the viewer to know what they are looking at. The basic idea is someone leaning forward pushing something heavy, and you can recognize this from looking at it from different angles. 2 full size humans, so the two need to be somewhat different. One of them might be pulling, I'll know once I measure how much room we have. If anyone is interested and has already done it please let me know, then we can talk more detail. Thanks! Dave.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 3D File drawing

Post by acourtjester »

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
stdave66

Post by stdave66 »

Thanks! Ben has done a lot for me in the past. This is just a different avenue. I'll still hit him up.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Hello Dave! Thank you jester! Yes, Dave and I go way back with more than a few great projects under our belts. Enough so that he's aware where my expertise lies and what's outside my usual box so to speak. While I've never designed a 3D piece from plate as described through your eloquent description can plainly see it. I don't have the ability software wise to produce a render and would need a lot of input regarding assembly particularly concerning connection with pipe, hole sizing etc. but something I considerable doable as my 2D program has tools to enlarge/reduce the perimeter size as I wish allowing me to duplicate each plate in direct relation which'll allow us to achieve the desired effect.
Owens Customs
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Owens Customs »

Slicer for fusion 360 is available ( not sure if it's free anymore ) With it, you can take a 3d model and slice it into layers on every conceivable angle.
You can change thicknesses of the slices as well as the number of slices you want. It's really an amazing piece of software. I found a project that I wanted to try and then found the program and had my own version built by the end of a weekend.
This was the inspiration, Emetalworks on Vancouver Island made this one.

Dan Owens

5x10 FastCut CNC Icon Elite plasma table
Hypertherm 85
TurboCad,SheetCam,Mach3
Shapeoko3 CNC Router
and all the usual welders and tools to run a Fabrication shop.
stdave66

Post by stdave66 »

Thanks Dan!
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Owens Customs wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:54 pm Slicer for fusion 360 is available ( not sure if it's free anymore ) With it, you can take a 3d model and slice it into layers on every conceivable angle.
You can change thicknesses of the slices as well as the number of slices you want. It's really an amazing piece of software. I found a project that I wanted to try and then found the program and had my own version built by the end of a weekend.
This was the inspiration, Emetalworks on Vancouver Island made this one.

WOW!!!
mm10000
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by mm10000 »

Amazing is this avail as download ?

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”