trouble with dxf for laser

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
sbchero
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

trouble with dxf for laser

Post by sbchero »

I designed a DXF in illustrator but when it was sent to a laser cutter (had to sub out as its too large for my table) they are having trouble opening it in their software.
Ive verified that its a clean file with all closed paths, no overlapping paths and minimal nodes (checked with my sheetcam), but when they open it, it seems that theres a bunch of unconnected nodes or small paths.

heres a pic of what they sent me to show me the problem. im waiting to hear what program theyre using. but i cant replicate it on my software. might a different DXF "autocad Ver" setting work better when i export to DXF?

Thanks,
Garrett

In the supplied image, on my software (illustrator) doesnt show any of those anchor points (or nodes)
the white background is what my illustrator looks like for that particular part.
the black one is what they sent me.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

duramaxer
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: trouble with dxf for laser

Post by duramaxer »

upload the file
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

there are other examples where 2 software packages don't play nice, you may need to use an intermediate software package that both will play with to solve your problem. Once you find out which software they use you may be able to use "Cloud Convert" to convert your DXF file to one they can use. The file format DXF has many variables from one software package to another some have even had differents year versions to consider.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
RobinHillMachine
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobinHillMachine »

Send different file formats. Exporting as a PDF or SVG may help.
Julie's the name, DXF is the game. http://robinhillmachine.com
Email DXF@robinhillmachine.com

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”