ANYONE USING BOBCAD-CAM

BobCAD related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
KEVIN KANHAI
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

ANYONE USING BOBCAD-CAM

Post by KEVIN KANHAI »

IM USING BOBCAD EXPRESS V21 I NEED SOME HELP I BOUGHT THE ITEM FROM A EBAY SELLER WHOM I BOUGHT MY MOTORS AND CONTROLLER (NEMA 23 620 OZ AND GECKO G540 ) AFTER DOWNLOADING THE BOBCAD CD IM ONLY ALLOWED DEMO MODE AND I ALSO TRYED INSTALLING THE POST PROCESSOR BUT THE PROBLEM IS I HAVE A HOMEBUILD PLASMA TABLE I DONT KNOW WHICH PROCESSOR TO INSTALLER

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE POST PROCESSOR IS ABOUT

PLS ASSIST
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: ANYONE USING BOBCAD-CAM

Post by bogger44 »

What electronics r u using I run cand cnc and use a mp1000 post.

all cnc machines mill, lathe, plasma run on G code the post processor configures the post for your machine so it can understand the g code and carry out the operation.

Do you use a touch and go head?

I use bobcad and then create my G code with sheetcam works awesome.
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

I am thinking about getting bobcad-cam v25 i currently have torchmate cad but i just got done building a new 5 axis plasma table with a floating head ,thc,and water table ..The issue i have now is i have no way to reconfigure my post processor to run the floating head properly ..I need it to put in the G28.1 and G92.1 to ref the torch and then zero it before each time it triggers the torch on ..Also i need software to be able to run the rotary axis ..I dont just wanna lay it out flat and then do the math to wrap it everytime..I wanna be able to truely wrap things .. like if i wanted to make a candy cane where the cut spirals around all the way down the piece?Does anyone know if i can do this with v23
DavisInd
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by DavisInd »

i am extremely new to this whole cnc thing, however. My husband got us bobcad cam v25 with 2d and 3d lathe mill and something else that was totally over my head. i've been learning the 2d for about a month now and I'm really happy with it. It is really user friendly and you dont have to use sheetcam, the g-codes are in the program. I've worked with Alan in the posting department ,my table, TruCut cnc plasma, was not a posting option and he took care of me. Walking me through alot. I dont really like how bobcad has to call you back to get actually help, but when they call they get the job done. I hope my experience, or lack there of, helps a little
KEVIN KANHAI
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by KEVIN KANHAI »

kevin
thanks alot for the great information this weekend its a long weekend in trinidad so i will be spending alot of time on bobcad i finally have everything set up and ready to go

* homebuilt cnc plasma table ( x & y only z comming soon )
* gecko g540 motor controller
* nema 23 620 oz stepper motors
* bobcad-cam express v21 with post processor
* mach 3 ( crack version ..lol )
* longevity force cut 80 i plasma cutter
* powermate 60 gallon air compressor
aldepoalo
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by aldepoalo »

To learn more about BobCAD CAM software and the ways you can use it check out my youtube page!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Depoalo

I am here to help and any questions you have about programming parts with BobCAD I can answer.
MidAmericaIron
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by MidAmericaIron »

Al, What is the easiest way to resize your .dxf file after you import it? Also, could you make more YouTube videos catered to the plasma cutting guys?
zachv
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by zachv »

MidAmericaIron wrote: Also, could you make more YouTube videos catered to the plasma cutting guys?
I would ask the same thing. Your videos are awesome and very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to do them. I am getting BobCAD v26 and need a tutorial that starts with "click on the icon"...

Is there a best way that we can ask for your specific help? I would be interested in drawing a wheel plate with different bolt patterns on it for my first drawing.

Return to “BobCAD”