Computer Reccomendations

BobCAD related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
greatriver64@yahoo.com
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Computer Reccomendations

Post by greatriver64@yahoo.com »

Want to run BobCad on a laptop, and looking for recommendations. Currently looking at an HP Omen gaming laptop with a gtx1060 graphics card with dedicated 6Gb. I have been trying to run the program on a laptop that we already have, and the lag has been horrible. Any advice and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Computer Reccomendations

Post by plasmanewbie »

With a gaming computer you will be paying far to much for powerful graphics capability you won't need unless your gaming. Save some money and pick up a computer that meets the specs Bobcad calls for. I don't like to spend too much on a computer if its going to be spending a lot of time in the shop.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Computer Reccomendations

Post by Ironken »

I'm with plasmanewbie! My regular old HP laptop that is 4yrs old does just fine. It has a CAD program, inkscrap and virtually an identical copy of what my NUC that controls my cnc has on it and no problems. I keep both computers in sync with each other as far as files go and it being old, I don't feel bad when its covered in soot and shop schmoo.

I think the gaming 'puter is overkill. The only thing that I don't do is put any unnecessary programs on it. Just cnc stuff and a shortcut to my email.

Return to “BobCAD”