Computer Reccomendations

BobCAD related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
greatriver64@yahoo.com
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Computer Reccomendations

Post by greatriver64@yahoo.com »

Want to run BobCad on a laptop, and looking for recommendations. Currently looking at an HP Omen gaming laptop with a gtx1060 graphics card with dedicated 6Gb. I have been trying to run the program on a laptop that we already have, and the lag has been horrible. Any advice and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Computer Reccomendations

Post by plasmanewbie »

With a gaming computer you will be paying far to much for powerful graphics capability you won't need unless your gaming. Save some money and pick up a computer that meets the specs Bobcad calls for. I don't like to spend too much on a computer if its going to be spending a lot of time in the shop.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Computer Reccomendations

Post by Ironken »

I'm with plasmanewbie! My regular old HP laptop that is 4yrs old does just fine. It has a CAD program, inkscrap and virtually an identical copy of what my NUC that controls my cnc has on it and no problems. I keep both computers in sync with each other as far as files go and it being old, I don't feel bad when its covered in soot and shop schmoo.

I think the gaming 'puter is overkill. The only thing that I don't do is put any unnecessary programs on it. Just cnc stuff and a shortcut to my email.

Return to “BobCAD”