need help with lnes

BobCAD related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
profabwelding
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

need help with lnes

Post by profabwelding »

First off, Thanks in advance. I found this sign and I am trying to make it for my friends house warming. I am including the original dxf as well as what I have so far. I am wanting to make it like the dxf on the right in the original where all the inner cuts are a "loop" if you will. I am having trouble because I keep confusing myself as to what should be a loop and what shouldnt, where to start, etc. Any help is appreciated and I am more than willing to pay if you should choose to complete it. It will be worth it to see the smile on my buddies face! Again, Thank you!
Bobby R32.dxf
(761.99 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Dads Garage.dxf
(543.13 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
icmplasma85
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: need help with lnes

Post by icmplasma85 »

Wasn't planning on doing the entire file but I do conversions for pay if you wanted to go that route. I just joined the outside and you had a whole lot of lines not joined together. Try using whatever snaps your software has and see if that helps.
Attachments
Bobby R32.dxf
(735.92 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Millermatic 211 MIG Welder
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

You had a couple open nodes that were messing with you.

I find that it is easier to see where the issue may be if I color it in. If it doesn't fill then I know I have something open.

This should help.
Attachments
nissan.svg
(120.74 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
nissan.cdr
(184.18 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
nissan.jpg
nissan.jpg (129.3 KiB) Viewed 2407 times
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
profabwelding
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by profabwelding »

Thank you guys for the responses. However I am trying to make the car black or solid and have the details such as the bumper lines, door edges, windows, etc negative or fall through like the original rat rod file. In order to do that I need to add parallel lines and connect them with loops such as shown here as a sketched in with free hand lines.
1504302789872162279081.jpg
1504302661296494967161.jpg
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

First you are going to have to attach all the drop out pieces (like you have done in the first pic you posted). Then, instead of trying to draw each line, select the line you want to edit and then use the contour tool. That should do it for you.
Attachments
contour.JPG
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate CAD
profabwelding
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by profabwelding »

I. Not seeing that tool on my bobcad cam
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

That is in Corel Draw. I am sorry, thought you were using Inkscape which is usually quite similar. Have no idea about Bobcam or if it has that capability. Can't help you there.

Torchmate CAD

Return to “BobCAD”