Procut post processor?

BobCAD related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Masons Forge
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Procut post processor?

Post by Masons Forge »

I'm helping a friend with a Procut 4x8 with a proma THC and a thermal dynamics cutter. I have BobCad V25 and I need a post to run the table. I have found one posted to their forum but I can't get it to load into my software. I might be moving it wrong, y'all are a lot smarter than me. Thanks for the help.
Josh
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Procut post processor?

Post by tcaudle »

ProCut is MACH3 . You need a plasma POST for MACH3 in BobCAD. You may not care too much for the features (or lack there of) but there is not a lot to work with on the hardware you have anyway. They state on their website that they don't support third party hardware or software (which is most of what they sell) You will have to go to BobCAD for the POST. Someone here may have it.
Masons Forge

Post by Masons Forge »

Thanks tcaudel
I haven't been impressed with Procut. My buddy bought it from a guy that never turned it on. I have had to feel my way through. I have it cutting but the post I use for my table isn't totally working on his. There is a post for BobCad on the Procut site but it isn't loading in my V25. I'm going to try the one they have for Sheetcam.
Thanks
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

You need BobCAM (part of some packages but not others) to load and use a POST file . You will be better off to use BobCAD to draw with (if you like it and paid money for it) and export in DXF (or SVG if it will let you ) and then use SheetCAM. It has a post for the old MP1000-THC (circa 2005) that should work okay with the Promo THC It assumes you have a THC with UP , DOWN and Arc OK inputs and a way to do a touch off to find top of material. if you have the floating torch holder for touch -off it will work no problem) The nice thing about SheetCAM is it has an open POST language that you can go in an tweak ( if you are into that sort of thing). You can get some pretty good support on the SheetCAM forum and even some here.
Masons Forge

Post by Masons Forge »

I'm writing code in Bobcam now for my old table. It does OK if you don't know anything else. I need Sheetcam for my new table anyway. Thanks for the info

Return to “BobCAD”