Can't get lines to snap together

BobCAD related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Edsgarage
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Can't get lines to snap together

Post by Edsgarage »

Just learning this software. I started with an SVG in inkscape. Then I saved to a dxf and opened it in bobcadv 30. I added tabs to hold the insides of the letters. When I imported it to sheetcam there were a bunch of breaks. So I went back and highlighted each break and clicked make lines tangenial that worked on about half of them, the other half didn't move. The others that are still left I have tried trimming, extending, etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I am doing wrong. Seems like there should be something that makes them just snap together.

I also attached the svg logo.

Thanks!
Attachments
KBS_Logo.svg
(12.55 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
drawing kbs.dxf
(220.47 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Can't get lines to snap together

Post by acourtjester »

Ok Here is what I did, the SVG did look ok in SheetCam but none of the letters had bridges (tabs as you called them). I could not use the DXF file not a problem. When I did open the SVG in Inkscape ( I always remove the fill to make it easier to see thing. For some reason the K did not have nodes but it did show as having a path??? So you know to put the bridges in Inkscape letter they must be separate from other letters but the inside and outside must be combines. You then draw a thin box and make it a path, move the box over the letter and click on the letter (using the node tool icon) you will see the nodes forming the letter. Now hold down the shift key and click on the bridge, go to path and click on differents to remove the bridge from the letter.
Kicon 2.JPG
Kicon 4.JPG
K sign.svg
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Edsgarage
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Edsgarage »

Thanks so much for the quick response! I appreciate the help.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:11 pm Ok Here is what I did, the SVG did look ok in SheetCam but none of the letters had bridges (tabs as you called them). I could not use the DXF file not a problem. When I did open the SVG in Inkscape ( I always remove the fill to make it easier to see thing. For some reason the K did not have nodes but it did show as having a path??? So you know to put the bridges in Inkscape letter they must be separate from other letters but the inside and outside must be combines. You then draw a thin box and make it a path, move the box over the letter and click on the letter (using the node tool icon) you will see the nodes forming the letter. Now hold down the shift key and click on the bridge, go to path and click on differents to remove the bridge from the letter.
Kicon 2.JPG
Kicon 4.JPG
K sign.svg
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like

Return to “BobCAD”