Table not moving after initial pierce

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
ILOVEYOURBACKPACK
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Table not moving after initial pierce

Post by ILOVEYOURBACKPACK »

Hey guys,

Is there anyone out there that has had this issue before? When I start my cut with DTHC on the torch will pierce then stay still. It will stay fired until I hit stop or hit the fail button on the side of the box. When I turn off the DTHC, the table will pierce and move just fine.

Thanks in advanced.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Table not moving after initial pierce

Post by WyoGreen »

It sounds like either the DTHC is waiting for an Arc OK signal, or there was a voltage spike when the torch fired that caused the DTHC to go into a hold mode. The DTHC really should not have been on when the torch fired, but rather should turn on after the torch lowers to cut height and the voltage has stabilized You might check your g code file to see if there are DTHC on's and off's in it..
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
drossmaker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Table not moving after initial pierce

Post by drossmaker »

The controller is not reading the Arc Ok signal which will release the Hold motion signal at the start of the cut. You can double check the Arc Ok signal by pushing and holding down on a Arc Ok test button on the back of the PWM Sensor. While in Mach3 or CommandCNC you should see the Arc Ok light turn on. If this works the signal is good from the PWM to the controller, to the computer. If you are still having issues you need to look between the PWM Sensor and the Plasma Cutter. Check the wires going into the green plug on the PWM sensor for a loose connection.
Adam Becker, Arclight Dynamics

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”