So I took the plunge...

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
jessechop
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

So I took the plunge...

Post by jessechop »

And ordered an Arclight 4800 last week after researching what seemed like 100 different tables. Now I am pacing like a kid on Christmas Eve! :lol: Cant wait!
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: So I took the plunge...

Post by CNCCAJUN »

CONGRADULATIONS ! ! !

My suggestion to you @ this point. . . advice based on mistake I made . . .

Start learning about the software you will be using as fast as you can before your machine arrives.

Mach III

CorelDRAW

Whatever_CAD

Most of the initial problems you will encounter with your new table will not be your table's shortcomings, but your lack of knowledge about the table & software.

Had I done this I would have been cutting much sooner with far less stress . . . :D

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
jessechop
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jessechop »

Thanks for the tips. I have downloaded Solid Edge and Sheetcam and have made some parts from start to finish. I have not tried anything with Mach III yet.

Still debating if I should fly out and take the training. I will probably drop an email off to Scott today to see his thoughts
Last edited by jessechop on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

My experience says yes, hands on would help.

It is impossible for a table manufacturer to produce a totally comprehensive manual.

That is why plasmaspider is so popular . . .

Granted the shared files are nice, but the info available here is worth far more than a bunch of graphic files.

You can learn to trace slowly . . . but figuring out for why your cuts look like crap will drive you insane without the help you can get here.

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

congrats on the new table

arclight has a very good video training page, i recommend viewing all videos before getting a table; arclight or not :mrgreen:
view them before you get the table, stuff will make sense... and then view them again a month after your table arrives
it will actually sink in then

http://arclightcnc.com/training/

and then decide if you want hands on training
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

I own an arclight and their tech support and help is absolutely outstanding. They have helped me out of a lot of jams. I didn't take the training as I was computer literate and I really scoured their online stuff while awaiting my table and was up and cutting as soon as the table was set up.
jessechop
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jessechop »

Thanks for all of the feedback. I have watched every video on there site about 5 times prior to even getting a quote from them. I researched pretty heavily, and although Arclight was actually not my first choice I do feel as though I chose well.

I have a vinyl cutter and have been cutting vinyl for 7 or 8 years now. I find much of this carries over to the plasma. I am learning I am not a huge fan of Solid Edge because of the text, however Correl Draw is out of the budget at the current moment in time.
jessechop
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jessechop »

Just got word (and picture) it is on the truck and headed towards me. Cant wait, excited is an understatement!

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”