ArcLight

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
remus
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

ArcLight

Post by remus »

Was going to post this in the ArcLight section, but its empty & i assume blocked as it didnt have a new topic button anywhere. I am thinking about buying one & wanted to know what anyone who had one thought of it?
Now i want to know why its section is the only one without anything & why its blocked?
They appear to be a well built table at a good price, but now im wondering
Thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: ArcLight

Post by jimcolt »

Arclight uses electronics (drives, cables torch height controls, motors, etc) from candcnc as well as a mechanical machine frame (gantry, torch carrige, motion ways, z axis slide assy, etc) from precisionplasmallc

Both companies seem to have great equipment at entry level pricing. From what I have heard, Arc Light Dynamics assembles all of this into a turnkey machine and offers the added value of training, installation and support for a finished product. Most of the buyers that I have heard from have been pretty happy with the quality of the machine as well as the level of service and support from ArcLight.

Update, Scott at ArcLight posted that they do not use Precision Plasma components on their machines....I was under the impression that they did. I apologize for the inaccuracy in that!

Jim Colt Hypertherm

remus wrote:Was going to post this in the ArcLight section, but its empty & i assume blocked as it didnt have a new topic button anywhere. I am thinking about buying one & wanted to know what anyone who had one thought of it?
Now i want to know why its section is the only one without anything & why its blocked?
They appear to be a well built table at a good price, but now im wondering
Thanks
Last edited by jimcolt on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
remus
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by remus »

Thanks Jim, that is what i was hoping to hear, oh and i will be using a hypertherm 45 ;)
drossmaker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by drossmaker »

Sorry for the delay the Arclight forum just got put up this weekend and we haven't gotten it fully set up.
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by abmagrum »

hi, Arclight builds a great table .very heavy duty, pluss if you have any questions scott is always there to help.

if you need to learn how to run a table go to the website click on training and there is a list of training videos you can watch for free. he just put a new one up how to install and set up sheetcam on a second computer.
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
d bushey
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by d bushey »

Just a small note to everyone out there. This morning I had a monitor on my arclight machine go out. Within just a few minutes and a phone call to Scott a replacement was on the way. Customer service does not come any better at no charge.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

I bought a 4x8 table w/hypertherm 85 last Dec and it was delivered in Jan. Initially had a couple of rookie mistakes but Scott was great on assisting us with tech support. I must commend their Tech support and videos. You also need to purchase a GOOD air dryer or you will be chasing a lot of issues you don't need. While you are awaiting deliver I would suggest you watch their training videos, they are excellent. I didn't know about plasma spider until after I got my table so you are ahead of the curve and there are a lot of excellent talented and knowledgeable people on this site that are always very helpful. Good Luck.
KineticArc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by KineticArc »

We picked up our ArcLight Pro 12000 last Friday in Bend. It was a quick 1200 mile round trip for the wife and I, as we left home at about 5:30pm mountain time Thursday and made it a bit over half way. Then we got up early Friday to make it to ArcLight at around 9:30am pacific time. Spent the day training with Scott on our own table. It was definitely worth the time spent. That is a lot of info in a very short time!
His boys loaded up the table about quitting time, and we headed back for home. Made it home by 3:00pm Saturday, in time to unload the table. I've spent this weekend setting things up, and learning the table. Between the hands-on training, Scott's tutorials and the Hypertherm manual, I have ironed things out and have been getting some nice cuts. Still a lot to learn, but it will all come with time.

Thanks again to Scott and his staff at ArcLight Dynamics!

Blaine Case
Kinetic Arc
Last edited by KineticArc on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by abmagrum »

you have a quality machine

youre gonna love it
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
kncmachine
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kncmachine »

I've ordered an Arclight Pro 12000 and hope to pickup the machine around the first of Dec. I plan to use the 6 hrs of training provided by Arclight. Is there anything different you would do or any questions I should ask? Has anyone spent the night in Bend Or? If so, where did you stay? Would you haul the machine on a open flat bed trailer? Thanks for any thoughts or ideals.
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by abmagrum »

get a head start , check out the tutorials on how to run everything.

if youre hauling on a open trailer. make sure you got room on the inside for the computer and plasma cutter.
or bring some large tote boxes

I would bring some tarps and bungie straps in case of bad weather.
and have a few heavy duty ratchet straps to tie the table down

get the measurements of the table to make sure it fits on trailer

at home get everything wired . you have to supply plug for plasma cutter.

do you have enough air minimum I would suggest 5 hp 60 gallon
I would change all the fittings from 1/4 to 3/8
and you need a good air dry filter system

have some metal on hand so you don't have to wait to cut.
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
kncmachine
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kncmachine »

abmagrum,

Thanks for responding and the ideas and suggestions.

I will be picking up the arc pro 12000 in a week. My trailer is plenty big enough, I'm going to bring a roll of plastic wrap and packaging tape. I will make sure and bring a tarp as well.

Started today cleaning out an area to put the machine in my shop.

I'm going to run a dedicated electrical outlet for the computer and table. I've already got 240 volt 3 phase for the plasma cutter. Just need to upgrade to a higher amp breaker. Ordered it today. I will pickup a 50amp plug for the cord when I get the breaker.

I'm running a Kaeser SX6 screw compressor with 80 gallon tank. I still need to purchase an air dryer. Still researching this. The Kaeser is about 23 CFM, looking for an air dryer that is big enough to handle the compressor.

Still need to build a material rack, I'm thinking of storing the metal vertically, use an edge clamp and my forklift to move/load the material.

Seems like a decent forum with lots of info.
Arclight Dynamics, ArcPro 12000 5x10 table
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Mach3
Sheetcam
Inkscape
Gimp

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”