To close this announcement click the X in the top right corner.
Industry Pros use FastCut CNC

UP/Down keys move only move one the left side motor

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
moccasin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

UP/Down keys move only move one the left side motor

Post by moccasin » Wed May 04, 2022 3:16 pm

This has happened several times since I bought the table. Only the left side motor will move with pressing up/down keys. Only the right side motor will move when pressing the PG Up or PG down but the Z won't move. X motor is OK. I have made several calls to tech support but have not received a call back. I am running Mach 4 on an Archlight 4x8 table.
George

adbuch
5.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: UP/Down keys move only move one the left side motor

Post by adbuch » Wed May 04, 2022 5:19 pm

If the buttons/keys you are pressing are on a pendant or separate control pad, there is always the possibility that your keypad is malfunctioning. I am not familiar with the Archlight equipment, but with the Plasmacam which I own - the software has built-in diagnostics for testing keypad function of individual buttons/keys. You might take a look at your owner's manual to see if your table has something similar.

David

cuttinparts
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: UP/Down keys move only move one the left side motor

Post by cuttinparts » Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 am

That is very odd but I am with David. Definitely try a different keyboard if you haven't already done so, preferably not a wireless one just to see. Its a long shot but I have seen the simplest things like that solve strange issues in the past. Good luck and curious what you find out.

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”

Industry Pros use FastCut CNC