JD2 vs Arc Light ??

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
ShopTeacher76

JD2 vs Arc Light ??

Post by ShopTeacher76 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:58 am

I am looking to buy a table. Has anyone compared the MAD series JD to the Arclight? My biggest concerns are the following:

Servos vs steppers... is the cost worth the reward
Control System.... reliability and customer service
Longevity of the company.... will they be around when I need service

Cost... I’m not really sure that I’m comparing apples to apples

What’s included... plasma? Compressor? Engraver? Trace feature?

Biggest concern is location... I’m in New York.. shipping cost and logistics... taxes??

I’m not looking to throw any one under the bus, I am just looking to make an informed decision.

If you respond, please keep it positive. As a business owner, I know the fallout of negative comments that don’t have to be backed up because they are on social media.

I should also mention that I built a precision plasma kit with CandCNC controls with my students at my day job. It served me well for the past 7 years with a few hiccups along the way. So I have some experience.

Ironken
Elite Contributing Member

Re: JD2 vs Arc Light ??

Post by Ironken » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:48 am

ShopTeacher76 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:58 am
I am looking to buy a table. Has anyone compared the MAD series JD to the Arclight? My biggest concerns are the following:

I have a JD2 MAD and I love it. Support is fantastic and it is heavy duty.

Servos vs steppers... is the cost worth the reward
Control System.... reliability and customer service
Longevity of the company.... will they be around when I need service

JD2 has been around quite a long time (1980's) and as said above, customer service is aces! Arclight has a good rep in the customer svce area as well.

Cost... I’m not really sure that I’m comparing apples to apples

Look at build quality and how beefy the two are. Look at maximum speeds. My JD2 is a tank. No extruded aluminum parts. I literally have run thousands of pounds of steel across this thing per month for the 1.5 yrs I have owned it.

What’s included... plasma? Compressor? Engraver? Trace feature?

None of these items are included. Some companies will add some or all if these items at an additional charge.

Biggest concern is location... I’m in New York.. shipping cost and logistics... taxes??

Taxes are something you will have answer. Does your state charge taxes on out of state purchases? Shipping answers are a phone call away.

I’m not looking to throw any one under the bus, I am just looking to make an informed decision.

????

If you respond, please keep it positive. As a business owner, I know the fallout of negative comments that don’t have to be backed up because they are on social media.

What??? You're asking for opinions on a product....not all will be positive. I am a business owner too.

I should also mention that I built a precision plasma kit with CandCNC controls with my students at my day job. It served me well for the past 7 years with a few hiccups along the way. So I have some experience.
Answers inserted above. Check out this video.

https://youtu.be/PymvEDIp_0s
JD2 MAD 4X4
Millermatic 252 (spray)
Millermatic 190 (short circuit)
Syncrowave 210
Powermax 65
Powermax 45xp
Grizzly Vertical Mill (junk)
Baileigh BS-210M
50t Press
Shitloads of DeWalt

tnbndr

Re: JD2 vs Arc Light ??

Post by tnbndr » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:12 pm

If you are in New York you owe it to yourself to check out LDR Motion Systems. Quality table, great to deal with, great support.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
PM45
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
[email protected], [email protected]
Miller 215
RW 390E Slip Roll
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
https://www.facebook.com/ikescreations?ref=hl
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”

Easyscriber engrave attachment for Hypertherm plasma cutters.