Shopdata SDS Software Recovery

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
GMango
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Shopdata SDS Software Recovery

Post by GMango »

Hi,

I have Peddinghaus FPB 1800 using shop data nesting software. but the desktop that the shop data was install in crash. when i contact Shop data they demand that i purchase newer version or they do not assist with helping us with recovery.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can reset up again as I do have the software. after the installation i believe we require to do some setup. was wondering if anyone have experience before and able to get it back up and running.

Thank you

Mango
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Shopdata SDS Software Recovery

Post by adbuch »

I had never heard of your machine, but it looks very professional. I expect that much like Plasmacam, Peddinghaus requires that you have your software up to date in order to receive customer support. Much like Microsoft with Windows - the older versions (Windows 7, etc.) are no longer supported. Probably best to just upgrade and keep you software current, particularly if you are in an industrial environment where you depend on your equipment for production.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I cases like this it sounds making a backup on a flash drive when you first get the system would be the best thing to do. Even with PCs if the hard drive crashes you can plug in a backup drive and go. But if the pc dies not the same, not sure but it may be something to do with the Mac number in the PC
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Tom - I agree. If his system isn't tied to the internet and he can reinstall from cd, then good advice. In the case of Plasmacam, the older 3.11 systems worked that way so it was definitely good to have several backup copies of the install cd. With the newer Plasmacam Design Edge, all installs are downloaded/authorized directly from the Plasmacam server. So no backup cd involved here.
David
Gordleroy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Gordleroy »

I have problem with shop data draw ,curser won’t open anything
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Gordleroy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:01 pm I have problem with shop data draw ,curser won’t open anything
I would suggest contacting Shop Data technical support. I am not familiar with this program, so am not able to offer any help on using it.
David
Gordleroy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Gordleroy »

What program would be a good replacement
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Gordleroy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:26 am What program would be a good replacement
Is Shopdata cad/cam software or control software?

David

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”