Best design program

General software related questions should be posted here.
mhartsock
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Best design program

Post by mhartsock »

Hey Guys!!

So I've been making metal signs here and there using my CNC plasma cutter & the only design product I've used is Inkscape. What I want to know is...is there something better out there? Please share what programs you use!
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Best design program

Post by weldguy »

I have used CorelDRAW for years and really like it. They do offer a free 30 day trial which is nice to see if you like it. I tried Inkscape and didn't catch on instantly so I gave up and got the new CorelX8. Many here use Inkscape and love it, I didn't give enough time to form a valid opinion.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Best design program

Post by acourtjester »

Software is a funny beast, as we are individuals we may not like the same things for different reasons. Another thing that enters in is not all software calls things the same, the old apples and oranges thing. This make is hard to look at different software packages and see familiar things in each. Finding a software package is up to the individual and may need to fit in their comfort zone. How a program looks when they first start it can excite or turn some off. I love Inkscape it free and very powerful and I can 95% of the things I need to do, :D but that is me, may not be you, good luck in your search. :D
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “General Discussion”