Eastwood Versa Cut 60 HF Arc Gap Adjustment

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
Blueacre

Eastwood Versa Cut 60 HF Arc Gap Adjustment

Post by Blueacre » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:26 am

I have had an Eastwood Versa-cut 60 plasma cutter for several years and was told that machines with the HF pilot arc will need point gap cleaning and gap adjustment at some point. There is no reference to point gap adjustment or cleaning in my operators manual. I contacted Eastwood and they sent me a copy of the service manual for this machine but there is nothing about gap adjustment in it either.

If anyone has info on servicing the HF points and the specs for the gap size for the Versa-cut 60 plasma cutter please let me know.

acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Eastwood Versa Cut 60 HF Arc Gap Adjustment

Post by acourtjester » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:12 am

May I suggest looking at older Tig welding machines as they also have an air gap adjustment for their arc start for welding.
as seen here
https://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/ ... =5&t=12853
video on a welder
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

adbuch

Post by adbuch » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:42 pm

Yes - my Miller Syncrowave 300 (purchased new about 38 years ago by me) does indeed have points to gap or clean. My manual tells how to do it. I have never had the need to make the adjustment, and the welder still operates perfectly. I upgraded to the Dynasty 350 about 5 years ago, but still use the Syrchrowave occasionally and it still works great.
David

Blueacre

Post by Blueacre » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:08 am

Thanks for the replies, the contacts on welder in the video provided look pretty much identical to the ones on my plasma. The video shows cleaning them but as far as setting the gap says to refer to the manufacturer's specifications which I havent been able to find for my plasma. Seems to be working OK for now so I will measure the gap and if I have a problem in future see if the gap has increased. If it has reset it to what it is now.

adbuch

Post by adbuch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 am

Blueacre wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:08 am
Thanks for the replies, the contacts on welder in the video provided look pretty much identical to the ones on my plasma. The video shows cleaning them but as far as setting the gap says to refer to the manufacturer's specifications which I havent been able to find for my plasma. Seems to be working OK for now so I will measure the gap and if I have a problem in future see if the gap has increased. If it has reset it to what it is now.
That sounds like a good plan. I hope it works out fine for you.
David

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”

Industry Pros use FastCut CNC