Excel Pricing Worksheet

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
PMT Tim
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Excel Pricing Worksheet

Post by PMT Tim »

mdwalker wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:11 am I have noticed a lot of discussion on product pricing. Here is the original Excel pricing worksheet (with a few updates and modifications) that I posted a few years back. It has made the rounds through other forums and has been modified several times by other users. Feel free to use it and to modify it to suit your needs.

Danny
Plasma Pricing.PNG
when looking at your sheet you have a height and you have a width. In one example I seen there was a height number of 14.15 and they are using 14 ga material. I was wondering if you height is what we refer to as length? And is this worksheet figured as a per piece item?
PMT Tim
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by PMT Tim »

when looking at your sheet you have a height and you have a width. In one example I seen there was a height number of 14.15 and they are using 14 ga material. I was wondering if you height is what we refer to as length? And is this worksheet figured as a per piece item?
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by mdwalker »

PMT Tim wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:38 pm when looking at your sheet you have a height and you have a width. In one example I seen there was a height number of 14.15 and they are using 14 ga material. I was wondering if you height is what we refer to as length? And is this worksheet figured as a per piece item?
Yes, the height would be length. I think when I made the spreadsheet I was looking at the computer screen an wrote it as height and width instead of length and width and never thought to change it, lol. The worksheet can be per piece or for a whole group of nested parts depending on the information you input.
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

A little off topic, but, Its amazing what we were paying for sheets of metal back when this spreadsheet was created.
The days of cheap metal are over for the foreseeable future. A sheet of 1/4" plate was going for $5 per sq ft then. It is amazing to think what we were paying then... We are at around $18 per sq ft and up nowadays for the same sheet of 1/4" plate.
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Yeah .... steel prices are out of sight now, along with lumber. Who could have guessed that a simple 2x4 stud would cost $10.00 in 2021?

Well, as with everything in Capitalism, the price is passed along to the consumer.

Joe
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

tinspark wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:29 pm A little off topic, but, Its amazing what we were paying for sheets of metal back when this spreadsheet was created.
The days of cheap metal are over for the foreseeable future. A sheet of 1/4" plate was going for $5 per sq ft then. It is amazing to think what we were paying then... We are at around $18 per sq ft and up nowadays for the same sheet of 1/4" plate.
Doug - I agree! Steel price have really "gone thru the roof". I am willing to absorb some of it, but I pass a portion of the increase along to my customers by raising my prices. I buy more round tubing and flat stock, but the increase per lb. is pretty much the same regardless.
David

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”