Craft/Art Show

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
ralphxj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Craft/Art Show

Post by ralphxj »

I know there have been posts on here about selling at craft shows and how to make money with a table, but this is a little different.

My dad does wood working, mostly Turning work lately, bowls and stuff like that. He has been going to craft shows for the last few years, but mostly smaller shows that sell mostly nicknack type stuff. He just found out he got accepted into a LARGE Craft/Art show this fall. The show is mainly centered around a large jury'ed art show (with everything for sale), but there is a section of the show that is for the smaller guys like him (not making a living as a professional artist).

He asked me if i wanted him to try and sell a couple things from the plasma table, but I'm not sure what I should cut for him. I've mostly only cut gifts and smaller stuff for around the house, nothing that I've sold yet. I'm wondering what types of stuff is popular at shows? Not looking to make a ton of money, just want to see if I can sell a couple things in his booth (also don't want to out sell his work)
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Craft/Art Show

Post by Largemouthlou »

Have to go by the activities in the area,, Sports, fishing hunting, key ring holders.. Sky is the limit.. I just recently cut some key tags as well... I only have cut aluminum to date and only up to .25 thick.. Still fine tuning but nothing a small file set won't fix :lol:
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by jmsrbrt »

To expand a little...flowers, birds, hummers, plant holders...anything for the ladies. And don't forget to hand out business cards and flyers.
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
dark_horse
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dark_horse »

I'd agree with largemouthlou, find out whats popular in that region and use that information to influence what you make. I always make at least one item thats unusual, just to grab attention and lure people in. Once the fish are in the barrel they're a lot easier to shoot :lol:

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”