What to charge for this job?

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
FiveORacing
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

What to charge for this job?

Post by FiveORacing »

Most of my stuff I sell is art which I know what to charge based on comparing with others prices, number of pieces for a sheet and advice from this site. I don't do that much just cutting shapes. Today I cut three rectangles from 11 gauge steel.

66 x 6
42 x 6
42 x 12.

It took me a few minutes of drawing and set up, and 252 inches of cutting after butting two of them against the first rectangle in the drawing.

I had to buy the 4 x 8 sheet ($85.00) of which I have more than 75% left.

What should I charge for the three pieces?

Thanks!! :D
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: What to charge for this job?

Post by mdwalker »

FiveORacing wrote:Most of my stuff I sell is art which I know what to charge based on comparing with others prices, number of pieces for a sheet and advice from this site. I don't do that much just cutting shapes. Today I cut three rectangles from 11 gauge steel.

66 x 6
42 x 6
42 x 12.

It took me a few minutes of drawing and set up, and 252 inches of cutting after butting two of them against the first rectangle in the drawing.

I had to buy the 4 x 8 sheet ($85.00) of which I have more than 75% left.

What should I charge for the three pieces?

Thanks!! :D
This is what I would charge. It doesn't include design time but I wouldn't charge design time on a job like this. I can draw the 3 shapes, lay them out & convert to cut paths in about a minute.
66 x 6 $36.06
42 x 6 $23.68
48 x 12 $36.45
Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
FiveORacing
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: What to charge for this job?

Post by FiveORacing »

Thanks Danny. I told him $85, he handed me a hundred and said "keep it, well worth it." ;)

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”