ETSY - PINTEREST - Where Else?

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

ETSY - PINTEREST - Where Else?

Post by Joe Jones »

Facebook successfully repulsed me for the last time. I went back after a long pause, vowing to stay completely clear of POLY TICKS! and I did. I stuck to communicating with plasma table owners, and people who are dipping their toes into the new hobby lasers, etc., local neighborhood pages about yard sales, new eateries in town, all of the superficial U.C. Berkeley-approved B.S. that keep tiny snowflakes from melting, and won't TRIGGER the terminally offended Karens and Kevins, or anger the WOKE (m)asses! I would even post a funny cat meme now and then. :lol:

So along comes a young man who is going out for his first job interview. He is a "Jeans and T-shirt" kind of guy. He asks, "What should I WEAR to a job interview?" So I replied, telling him to dress for the position. If he is applying for an office job, he should wear a suit and tie, and leather shoes. Shave or at least TRIM his "Grizzly Beard" and get a haircut, etc. If he is applying for construction work, he should show up in work boots and rugged clothing. LOOK THE PART! Then I told him, you would not hire a surgeon who arrived in the operating room wearing a basketball jersey and shorts. You would not hire a lawyer who sat at his desk in denim shorts and a wife beater T-shirt...

The robo-sissies at Facebook picked up on the words "wife beater" and banned me for violating their community standards! They accused me of promoting violence against women. :roll: The actual NAME of the T-Shirts is "WIFE BEATER T-SHIRTS!" It is their BRAND!!!

So I contested the ban, because I knew that their silly, sensitive, gender confused, multi-pronoun beta-male screening algorithms had flagged the post. Facebook STOOD by their decision! They slapped my hand with a 24-hour ban, in an effort to teach me some lesson about how to be "more then-thitive!" So I deleted the account. :lol:

I was looking to Facebook marketplace to sell metal art, etc., since the entire country is hopelessly addicted to Facebook. When you suggest that someone leave Facebook and take back control over their lives, they look at you in horror! Imagine the thought of not being able to post a photo of your three taco lunch combo, or watch endless videos that prove people are stupid! No, most people wander the countryside with the clan of the cavemen, who look at a fellow cave dweller who broke a leg, and wander off in a crowd, foraging for berries, eating bugs, pooping as the need arises, and leaving the injured tribesman to be devoured by the wildlife.

I have to hand it to Facebook! They are the largest drug pusher on Earth, and most people are hopelessly addicted to it! Facebook found the perfect, irresistible formula that the masses cannot resist! When telephones first appeared, we had party lines. People did not have individual numbers. ANYONE on the party line could eavesdrop on a private conversation between two people. Then C.B. radios came onto the scene. Later, the craze took off again, with B.B.S. systems. Then the Internet, and finally, FACEBOOK! The ultimate drug! A means to monitor and POLICE human thought!

Type the word, "Blender" and you will start receiving ads and emails from every kitchen appliance company on Earth! Comment on your desire to lose weight, and you will be bombarded with ads for miracle weight loss products! Mention that you got up to pee last night, and you will receive endless ads for prostate pills and water treatments. People IGNORE the fact that they are all PRISONERS OF THOUGHT. Write or post ANYTHING that angers your controllers, and you will be blocked or banned until you straighten up and parrot the official narrative!

So WHERE to put out the word that you make metal art? ETSY, sure. Pinterest? Okay. Where else? Facebook is off of the table.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Plasma-art
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: ETSY - PINTEREST - Where Else?

Post by Plasma-art »

Instagram, twitter, craiglist type sites and if you want to make funny videos to try and appeal to the younger generation you should give tiktok spin.

But I agree, social media is a pain, I have business and private accounts and keep the accounts strictly separated on their different devices.
I dont even mention the business on my private accounts.

Also invest in an ad-blocker, the right one really works.
Further more report all ads that do avoid the blocker as inappropriate and blocking content to mess with the algorithm.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Plasma-art wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:43 am
Also invest in an ad-blocker, the right one really works.
Don't keep me in suspense.

Which ad blocker REALLY WORKS? :roll:

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Plasma-art
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Plasma-art »

Joe Jones wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:22 am
Don't keep me in suspense.
I use a raspberry pi with Pi-hole combined with ghostery to block the trackers.

https://pi-hole.net/
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... niij?hl=en
MAN2MTL
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MAN2MTL »

To hell with facebook scams for me as well! Unsure where to advertise and make a difference... The whole social media thing is hardly worth my time.(business and personal)

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”