Metal Work Display for Market Stalls

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
ruralfencer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Metal Work Display for Market Stalls

Post by ruralfencer »

I have a couple of local car shows coming up. Do you guys that do market stalls target your audience or take a variety and how many of each design?
These are my first markets/ shows and need as much info as possible.
Thanks
Mick
Owner/ operator
MJT rural Contracting
Weldclass t1200
Hypertherm Pwermax 45XP
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Market Stalls

Post by adbuch »

I have never done any shows, but I expect you might want to target your audience for the specific show. So if antique car show, then perhaps similar designs. If a classic car show, or hot rod show, then same for those. Also some unrelated designs for the significant others who may have no particular interest in cars, but like other sorts of "artistic" pieces. Perhaps home related, cooking/bbq, etc. I would expect you would want multiples of each design, and your first show will most likely give you an idea what sells - and what does not. Will these be bare metal, painted, or? I will be interested to see what sorts of items you are considering.
Good luck!
David
ruralfencer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by ruralfencer »

The shows are basically all cars, so I had a mix of classics and hotrods, I also plan on taking some firepits that are car related.
I might do a mix of painted and bare.
I have plenty of designs of everything so I think that's the path I'll go like you say for the significant others however, I'll be leaning towards cars and bikes.
Mick
Owner/ operator
MJT rural Contracting
Weldclass t1200
Hypertherm Pwermax 45XP
Plasma-art
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Plasma-art »

Don't forget simple parts as exhaust flanges.
Sold loads of those things in steel and stainless at 4x4 and tuner shows.
Most of the time I just took some samples because of the wide variety of options and prety much treated them as more or less a custom part.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Right on with the above suggestions, Pictures tell a thousand words, take many images of different things you can or will do to spark interest, you can make mail order contacts too. Remember guys bring wifes to these thing too. It may depend on the size of the show, there is a really large one in Mississippi this week end and when I have gone there is a very big arts and craft section.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

And remember to bring plenty of business cards to pass out to your potential customers.
David
ruralfencer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by ruralfencer »

adbuch wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:48 pm And remember to bring plenty of business cards to pass out to your potential customers.
David
Yes definitely, I have plenty of those
Mick
Owner/ operator
MJT rural Contracting
Weldclass t1200
Hypertherm Pwermax 45XP
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by TJS »

I bring many business cards to car shows with me. I usually put them in the cars with the other pile of stuff that contain flyers and such. Most car show participants don't even look at that stuff. So I also try and find the owner and give them a card. I offer a lot more than CNC plasma cutting. I offer expert AN plumbing(hard ands soft line), tig welding aluminum, stainless and other exotic metals, tube bending/fab, etc, and customization in a way it has a factory look in where the owner does not have to tools and skill to bring them to the next level.

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”