People selling for cheap

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

People selling for cheap

Post by wickedinhere »

I keep seeing this one business selling items for cheap on a Facebook ad so i clicked on it to check it out.
I saw this 24 inch sign and the price is 49.99 how can that be seems really cheap for that detail and size.
IMG_2419.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

srtstan
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: People selling for cheap

Post by srtstan »

My guess is volume. Get on Alro steel look at the price per sheet when you buy 2 sheets versus if you buy 50 sheets of steel. Between that and if you get enough orders of the same items its easy to program and nest them together.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I agree with Stan. If they are doing enough volume, the cost of goods will drop. On the other hand, this may be an individual willing to work for $10/hr.
David
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Yeah i figured at that price they would sell like hot cakes.LOL I guess as the market gets flooded more and more prices will keep dropping.
4Dscreenart
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by 4Dscreenart »

When I started FB marketplace, it was really good for me in my area. Seemed like I was the only one and now it is flooded with people willing to work for 10/hr as adbuch said. That or they are using really thin material to cut cost. I saw one big company advertising a 24-inch wall sign stating it was "HEAVY" 16 ga steel. We all know that thing must be really flimsy and floppy, but the general public doesn't realize the higher the gauge the thinner the material.
ian.
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ian. »

Or they work for a company that will let them use their equipment for personal use after hours. When you don't have to buy equipment it makes it much easier to sell cheap.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

People ask me all the time, "can you make me this for this price". I say, nope, buy it from them.
I know my market and the price I need to charge to pay for consumables, electricity, gas, wire, etc. Stick to your price and don't worry about the competition.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
kbenz
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by kbenz »

Thats why I do little of that stuff anymore. My machine is used mostly to support my weld and fab business and home projects. most art stuff I do is for family and friends
CandCNC
Mach3
Sheetcam
Draftsight
Hypertherm 65 machine torch
Millermatic 210
Passport plus
Spoolmate 150
Miller Bobcat 225
http://benzweldingandfabrication.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benz-Wel ... 468?ref=hl
MAN2MTL
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MAN2MTL »

4Dscreenart wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:07 pm When I started FB marketplace, it was really good for me in my area. Seemed like I was the only one and now it is flooded with people willing to work for 10/hr as adbuch said. That or they are using really thin material to cut cost. I saw one big company advertising a 24-inch wall sign stating it was "HEAVY" 16 ga steel. We all know that thing must be really flimsy and floppy, but the general public doesn't realize the higher the gauge the thinner the material.
hahaha indeed, the public doesn't. I don't want to short my customers with a half Azz product either. It's hard to compete without buying in bulk.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

MAN2MTL wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:07 pm

hahaha indeed, the public doesn't. I don't want to short my customers with a half Azz product either. It's hard to compete without buying in bulk.
MAN2MTL - Consider introducing yourself here:

https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=147

and tell us more about yourself, what cnc plasma table/cutter you have, what software you are using, and what sorts of projects or products you are working on.

David

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”