Value for this Fire Pit

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
BanksAg
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Value for this Fire Pit

Post by BanksAg »

My kids and I are working on this fire pit to donate to an upcoming auction, but we're struggling to put a value on it. It used up 1/2 sheet of 12 gauge, is about 2' wide at it's widest, and stands right about 2' tall. The outside will be finished with hi-temp black paint. We'll have a bunch of time into welding, grinding, and cleaning up, but that's tough to put a value on; since they're still learning it takes way longer than someone who does this for a living. I'm thinking $250; am I even in the ball park?

Thanks.

Tim

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Tim Eggleston
Banks High School
Banks, OR

Arc Pro 4800
PowerMax 45XP
Mach 3, SheetCam
Inkscape, Rhino 3D
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Value for this Fire Pit

Post by tnbndr »

You just need a value for donation purposes? I would say around $350 but values vary by geographic area.
Also tell them you need to know what it sells for. That should help you for the future.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
BanksAg
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Value for this Fire Pit

Post by BanksAg »

Thank you. Yes, I just have to give them a value so they can put it in their auction program. I pretty well have pricing figured out for things like signs that don't require a lot of processing, but since we're a school and things take quite a bit longer than they would in a regular fab shop I don't quite have pricing for that figured out yet. And I will be helping with the auction, so I'm excited to see how well it does.
Tim Eggleston
Banks High School
Banks, OR

Arc Pro 4800
PowerMax 45XP
Mach 3, SheetCam
Inkscape, Rhino 3D

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”