Shipping question

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
Walshmetalworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Shipping question

Post by Walshmetalworks »

Hello all,
Does anyone have any suggestions for me when it comes to shipping signs I make. Such as best packaging to use, should I make my own shipping labels? The biggest size I plan on shipping is 24'x24'. Just curious what some of you do as far as shipping goes. Thanks
Plasmacam DHC2 4x4
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Lincoln PowerMig 255
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Shipping question

Post by Gamelord »

USPS has worked well for us. We also use FedEx and UPS when necessary. Flat Rate boxes are awesome but limited in size, plus USPS will supply the boxes for free!

As for labels, you can pay postage and print them online for all the carriers. USPS will pick the package up right at your business when they drop off your mail which saves trips. Or you can just drop them off at the counter at the post office. UPS and FedEx will work out a "call for pickup" program, unless you ship every day then you can have an automatic stop. You have to set up accounts with them to do this but that can be done online as well and only takes a few minutes. They will also supply you with a scale and label printers if needed (FedEx and UPS). YOu can purchase peel-and-stick labels for USPS online.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Walshmetalworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Walshmetalworks »

Thank you!
Plasmacam DHC2 4x4
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Lincoln PowerMig 255
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

I buy boxes at Home Depot, cut them in half. Ill lay my piece on one half and fold it over, using pieces from other boxes to strengthen it. Once its in a nice square, I'll wrap it up with stretch wrap.I use Stamp.com ship only USPS. Been doing this for 6 years and going strong. I ship out a ton of packages,

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”