PRICING??

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
MHACreations
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

PRICING??

Post by MHACreations »

HEY just wanted to see if any of you have a way that you price your cutouts? Is it time on the table, programing time, cost of materials? just looking for some input on what you all charge.
MetalTorcher
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: PRICING??

Post by MetalTorcher »

I usually charge by what I feel is fair time for my efforts. Design time is factored, along with number of pierces and inches of cut. Quantity of the projects cut plays a part as well. I have an Excel file of plasma pricing that is also a good guideline. Input your variables and you should be close.
Jason Lyon
PlasmaCAM DHC2
Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
Duramax mini torch with Snap n Cut
Everlast PowerMTS 251si
Torturing metal since 2014
whiskeymike
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by whiskeymike »

MHAC, you should check out the threads in the pricing, advertising, and marketing your products forum as there are many threads in there on this subject including apps and spreadsheets folks have developed for pricing your items either on cut/material cost +markup, or from an art perspective where you might get more than the more technical process of inches cut.

You can find it here - http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=88
chevybythesea
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by chevybythesea »

I use my table for two things - either straight cuts (think taking a 4'x8' sheet and ripping it), for which I charge a $20 setup, and $3.00/foot cut.

For art - I do the same as MetalTorcher - I charge by what I feel is fair. Tried the spreadsheet, and didn't like it. Just a personal preference, though.
5x10 ArcLight Dynamics Plasma table
http://www.thesteelyardinc.net
Doc Hollywood
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Doc Hollywood »

I tried the spread sheet also, but after doing this for a little over a year, i have a good idea of what i can get for certain things. I have a mental handle on my costs....and so i can shoot from the hip on retails from there.
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by KIDTech »

I do a lot of mechanical parts and typically the factories and shops around here want to see where their money is going so I use an app I created. For the art stuff I can get away with pulling numbers out of thin air by judging the part but I tend to give an estimate, draw the item and then give the quote. I have a better feel for how something will go if I can draw it first. I know this is time spent to potentially not do the item but it is easier for me to justify instead of cutting it out and losing material costs, consumables, etc.... because I was $50 too low.
DIY 5x10 v rail, rack and pinion
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Longevity ForceCut 42i is sitting on the shelf
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
4'x8' LDR downdraft w/a scribe
Milltronics Partner 2 CNC mill

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”