Tis the season for donation request.

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Tis the season for donation request.

Post by wickedinhere »

I have talked about this before. LOL I really don't know how someone thousands of miles away can ask me to donate to their local cause.
I mean what about your local business? My wife had a co-worker ask for a fire pit for a donation,my wife asked her if she had shared my business on Facebook or pump my business around or if she had even bought from me. The answer was no to all 3 my wife said well there's your answer. :mrgreen: I have one biker club i donate to and they give all the money to wounded vets and always offer to pay but i refuse they also send a thank you card which no one else has ever done.
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Tis the season for donation request.

Post by grindergary »

I understand where you are coming from.
I do donations for fire department, a few close by that are volunteer firefighters.

The best ones for me are the veterans groups. I cut and have painted for someone that has been brought to my attention from other vets. I give these pieces to them and ask to get pictures when the piece is handed over. The reaction is more than enough as payment for me. They offer to pay but its a donation.
I have been given lots of business from these donations and go out of my way to help these people. I have made my money back with referrals from the donations.
I only do local donations as I find the more people that know you donate will always ask even though you never heard of the organization before and are across the country.

I have one I have to deliver on the weekend for a vet who our government has put thru hell after being seriously wounded in Afghanistan.

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
tnttracy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by tnttracy »

i constantly get requests to donate to the seemingly millions of auctions around me. i have a form to fill out that i give to anybody requesting a donation. its has my company letterhead and a short statement that basically very nicely says i can only donate so much work and donation priority goes to the places that support me. then they fill in their contact information, what the item will be going to and if there is a specific piece they would like to have.

it is amazing the look on peoples faces that you ask them to lift a finger in return. to date i have given to every single person that returned the form!

the one that annoys me the most is the 'Dad' that calls who has a kid in some sort of youth sport that is having a fund raising auction. they all seem to be contractors or self employed and would dontate somthing themselves if they had time/ created a product like mine. when i here this 'i would if i could' bs, i tell them well heres you opportunity buy what ever you want and you donate it! i will not give a full donation when someone basically tells me their time is worth more than mine. i then give/ send them the form and if they fill it out i'll give them what they want if they pay half. only one of these dads has filled a form out.
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

I love the form idea. I own 5 small business in a very small town and I'm always getting people who don't do business with me asking for a donation or sponsorship for their kids sports team, cheer team, dance studio, or school group. I think I'll have to sit down and come up with a form. This could be fun. LOL
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

The form idea is great, I have used it on a few people and all i get is silence on the phone then a thank you and a hang up. LOL
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

Would you mind posting a sample of your forms?
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
tnttracy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by tnttracy »

heres what i use...

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

Thanks
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”