Need a Lift? PlasmaCAM / Samson 510

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Need a Lift? PlasmaCAM / Samson 510

Post by Joe Jones »

This is a short video demonstrating the working prototype of my Rail Lift Kit, still in development. I hope to have it available for sale in time for summer of 2017.

The gantry and carriage are just as stable and accurate at full extension (29") as they are at the stock table height of only two inches of gantry to grate clearance.

This will be a MUST HAVE accessory for serious DHC2 and Samson 510 table owners.

Some of the planned or already developed features:

- 6" of Z-axis travel (currently requires CSU upgrade)

- Cut round tubing and pipe up to 36" diameter and ANY length WITHOUT the PlasmaCam pipe cutter or software upgrade. (currently requires CSU upgrade for any size over 13.5" diameter)

- 360 degree ability to cut square, rectangular and odd-shaped tubing up to maximum clearance capacity

- Cut angle iron, T-bar, C-channel, I-beams and more (currently requires HCA or HCU, and MCU upgrades)

- Route wood poles and columns like a lathe. Turn square wooden poles into round carvings, railing pickets and more.

- use any process on conical shaped metal, wood, plastic and more

- use any process on a round ball up to 36" diameter

- even more on the drawing board! ;)

Full details will be published on my own website when the kit is available for purchase. Heck, I don't even have the business officially set up ... yet :mrgreen:

Joe Jones

http://youtu.be/F8ViXZPXMMA

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”