Easyscriber engrave attachment for Hypertherm torch's

Knocking dross off

This forum is for plasma cutting related tools and accessories. Discuss products and tools that have worked or not worked for you.
Black Forest

Knocking dross off

Post by Black Forest » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:27 pm

This is a drilling and tapping arm I built for my fixturing table. I use it to drill holes or tap holes on parts that would be awkward to handle on the drill press or mill. Because of an April Fools video I fell for I made this video as a response. I don't actually use the arm to grind anything. BUT I thought a variation of it could be built to knock dross off of bigger flat workpieces. It is all hydraulic powered and has a quill like a drill press. If one wanted to a mount could easily be made to mount an angle grinder or some other motor to power a flap disk. The hydraulic motor I have mounted on the arm is only capable of 800 to 1000 rpm which is plenty for drilling and tapping. I utilize a three way flow control valve mounted on the arm to control the rpm of the motor. The three way valve doesn't produce heat the way a two way valve would in this situation.

I just thought it might give you all some ideas for dross removal.

Watch at your own risk and please remember the video was meant as a joke.

https://youtu.be/HIUWMblZNKU