plate marker

Questions, information, project pics and more relating to plate markers, engravers, and scribes.
obrien282
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

plate marker

Post by obrien282 »

I have a DHC plasma cam and like torch mates plate marker but it seems not so cost effective to convert my DHC to torch mates system. Has anyone been able to come up with anything simular?
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: plate marker

Post by bogger44 »

I have started this just look at torchmates and copy it you need two pressure regulaters one for the pnumatic pen for bpm and one for the air cylinder that lowers and raises the pen for your downward force.

two solinoids one to start the pen and one to lower and raise the pen and mount it solid to your z and use a lineral rail for it to slide on.

I don't know how your plasmacam works but you program the solinoids to youe cam and use a post processor for your engraving. Randy
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: plate marker

Post by plain ol Bill »

I am in the process of building a plate marker now. I am using two regulators, one for the pen, and the other for the pneumatic cylinder that raises and lowers the pen. I am also using two three way solenoids again one for the pen and the other for the cylinder. the pneumatic slide I got to use had a two way cylinder on it but I converted it to a spring return by using an exterior spring to raise it back up. My system has software controlled relays I can use to energize the 120V solenoids via M08 and M09 gcode commands. Take a look at my build at http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63124 if you want. I found almost everything I have used on Ebay. I will be posting more pics tomorrow - got tied up doing chain saw work today. Does Pcam have controllable relays to use within its propritary software?
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude

Return to “Plate Markers, & Air Scribes”