It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:15 am

Bend 3 foot 10 ga with 100.00 tool

This forum is for plasma cutting related tools and accessories. Discuss products and tools that have worked or not worked for you.
Sampson Jones
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Bend 3 foot 10 ga with 100.00 tool

Postby Sampson Jones » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:37 pm

image.jpg
I have a 20 ton bottle jack press with a home made press adapter . Problem is it's not wide and pumping a bottle,jack sucks , but it works . Getting 10 ga bent around here is a 90 mile round trip so that sucks too . I have a plan for a awesome press brake but just don't have time to build it . So here is a redneck s version of a 10 ga press brake . Only 4 pumps and a perfect 60 * bend was made . One high lift jack , cut plate for bottom of jack and bolt on , weld 3/8 by 3 foot x 4 bar to plate . Find heavy ass vehicle , place metal over vee groove and jack down . A piece of I beam or deep channel will work for the vee groove . Way easier than a bottle jack . Granted the piece had reliefs cut in them . It's amazing how we can do so much with so little if we just stop and think .

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

My design , 4ft x 8 ft water table
CandCNC electronics
Hypertherm powermax 45
Mach 3
Sheetcam
Corel Draw x 5

KIDTech

Re: Bend 3 foot 10 ga with 100.00 tool

Postby KIDTech » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Good thinking, I tore down some buildings on my property that were all I beam and plan to use them to build a very heavy duty press.
DIY 5x10 v rail, rack and pinion
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Longevity ForceCut 42i is sitting on the shelf
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
4'x8' LDR downdraft w/a scribe
Milltronics Partner 2 CNC mill

Return to “Plasma Cutting Accessories & Related Tools Forum”