consumables

Information on plasma cutting nozzles, electrodes, and other consumables.
agteacher
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

consumables

Post by agteacher »

I have a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster A60.

I was wondering where you guys and gals have found the best prices for the consumables. Being that I teach, I would prefer finding the best deal available and use the rest of my money for metal and other things.

thanks in advance.
Randy
Randy Dobbins
Welding Teacher Humble ISD
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: consumables

Post by jimcolt »

I would suggest going to your Local Welding Supply and asking if they provide an educational discount. Most manufacturers have some sort of programs along this line.

Jim
pony
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by pony »

Subscribing!
I have just bought the Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster A60. I am still on my original consumables. I have a $200 credit with my plasma table supplier that I will using to replace these, but after that I am on my own.

I buy all my welding consumables from Weldfabulous http://www.weldfabulous.com/ They are hard to beat for welding supply prices. They sell the A60 but don't list any consumables for it, you may see if they sell the consumables. I don't have the part numbers here so I can't search the site to check on availability.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

I don't have a Torchmate, but I buy my TD consumables from them, best price I've found so far. I'm curious as to where else has good prices too though and will check out Pony's guy too!

EDIT: It looks like Torchmate has cheaper prices ...

Electrodes (pack of 5)-
TM=$45.45
WF=$51.92

30A tips (pack of 5)-
TM=$21.85
WF=$25.75

Anyone else have find any better prices?
Last edited by Scratch on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
pony
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by pony »

Scratch wrote:I don't have a Torchmate, but I buy my TD consumables from them, best price I've found so far. I'm curious as to where else has good prices too though and will check out Pony's guy too!
When I bought my TorchMate table I was quoted $2482.33 for the Thermal Dynamics A60 cutter with machine torch from Torchmate. WeldFabulous was selling them for $2,195.00 (Over 10%, $287.33 cheaper!). Torchmate did price match the cutter for me.
Even if WeldFabulous has them cheaper, Torchmate may still be willing to match the price. A win for all ;)

Return to “Plasma Consumables”