Chemical Containment DANGERS- PLEASE READ THIS!

Learn and share dross removal techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
Ryan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Chemical Containment DANGERS- PLEASE READ THIS!

Post by Ryan »

Hey everyone, I have been reading all of these threads on Muriatic Acid and other chemicals. I also see ALOT of lamens advice on the use and storage of these chemicals. I have spent a few years working with chemicals in transporting and implementing the use of many different types of nasty cocktails for environmental agencies and steel mills. I have been through the 40 hr HAZWOPER training course twice now. I am NO EXPERT. However, I am very familiar with proper storage and handling procedures of every level of chemical. So I just want to put this out there now.

DO NOT USE CHILDRENS PLAY EQUIPMENT TO STORE ANY CHEMICALS. You may not have children, but if a child were to ever see a cute little sand box with a lid or a kiddie pool with what looks like WATER what do you think they will do?!?! This is a HUGE MISTAKE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Refrain from doing this. It is a terribly poor choice that could potentially harm a child.

Be professional with your use of chemicals. There is a plethora of information on the net. There are a hundred other things you can use to store chemicals. Get a poly chemical tote and cut it to fit your application. Not a container made to attract children.
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Chemical Containment DANGERS- PLEASE READ THIS!

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Good advice!
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

I don't use any chemicals but, your advice is sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KerryJ
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by KerryJ »

Thanks for the share, everybody should follow this advise.
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

Great advice.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

Return to “Dross/Slag Removal”