It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 am

Chemical Containment DANGERS- PLEASE READ THIS!

Learn and share dross removal techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
Ryan

Chemical Containment DANGERS- PLEASE READ THIS!

Postby Ryan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:00 am

Hey everyone, I have been reading all of these threads on Muriatic Acid and other chemicals. I also see ALOT of lamens advice on the use and storage of these chemicals. I have spent a few years working with chemicals in transporting and implementing the use of many different types of nasty cocktails for environmental agencies and steel mills. I have been through the 40 hr HAZWOPER training course twice now. I am NO EXPERT. However, I am very familiar with proper storage and handling procedures of every level of chemical. So I just want to put this out there now.

DO NOT USE CHILDRENS PLAY EQUIPMENT TO STORE ANY CHEMICALS. You may not have children, but if a child were to ever see a cute little sand box with a lid or a kiddie pool with what looks like WATER what do you think they will do?!?! This is a HUGE MISTAKE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Refrain from doing this. It is a terribly poor choice that could potentially harm a child.

Be professional with your use of chemicals. There is a plethora of information on the net. There are a hundred other things you can use to store chemicals. Get a poly chemical tote and cut it to fit your application. Not a container made to attract children.

SegoMan DeSigns

Re: Chemical Containment DANGERS- PLEASE READ THIS!

Postby SegoMan DeSigns » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Good advice!

Old Iron
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Chemical Containment DANGERS- PLEASE READ THIS!

Postby Old Iron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:18 pm

I don't use any chemicals but, your advice is sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Dross/Slag Removal”