muratic acid & paint?

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
danny
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

muratic acid & paint?

Post by danny »

Can any one help me out on this one, I used M/A on some plasma pieces to clean them and wow! Got me to thinking that i could use this instead of sand blasting. problem is their 3/4 pipe T handle wrenches and not quite figured out how to get them dry before they rust.( can't blow the inside of the pipe out good and will drip) will a Iron phosphate take care of that. and still have good adhesion. I'm using ppg durathane paint.

Thanks,
Danny
2X2 Shop built table,proma thc,TB6560 bob
TD cut master 52,SL 100 machine torch
mach3, sheetcam, 26cfm compressor, Ref.air dryer, water seperator, motorguard toilet paper filter
mad monkey
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: muratic acid & paint?

Post by mad monkey »

i use a torch to fully dry my stuff. seems to work well.
danny
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by danny »

Thanks mad monkey, I do that on most stuff but on these parts I can't and don't really want to on 50 of them. I found some stuff called hold blast, we'll see what it dose thanks.
2X2 Shop built table,proma thc,TB6560 bob
TD cut master 52,SL 100 machine torch
mach3, sheetcam, 26cfm compressor, Ref.air dryer, water seperator, motorguard toilet paper filter
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by jmsrbrt »

Can't use a torch, how about an oven? Same principle...heat evaporates the water.
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”