Painting

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
SomethingMetal
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Painting

Post by SomethingMetal »

I know this is off subject but have any of you guys used Kem Kromic primer? I have a big piece I am making and I have a friend who is a paint guy and he told me to use this as my primer. I have a pressurized spray gun and I am having a really hard time trying to get it to flow without spitting it out. It is not recommended to reduce the paint in any way. It is so thick I don't believe I am going to be able to spray it. I am thinking I will have to paint it on by hand. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks
Samson 510
Hypertherm PM85
scottk
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Painting

Post by scottk »

Reduce it and you might have to set your pressure up and test it on a scrap piece.I would try a 4 to 1 ratio
and go from there. mix a little at first to test with medium reducer.
4R8
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 4R8 »

what size nozzle are you running?
Speak to your buddy a bit more about his primer gun setup, if he's recommended it, he should know all about using it. :D
SomethingMetal
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by SomethingMetal »

I am using an air gun. He told me that I needed an airless paint gun for the thicker paints. He also told me that I could thin it some and it shouldn't bother what I am trying to achieve. Thanks
Samson 510
Hypertherm PM85

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”