Rustoleum Hammered paint

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
Complete_Loser
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Rustoleum Hammered paint

Post by Complete_Loser »

Well, I figured this would be some good info to pass along, since I know all over the country, this specific color is usually the best seller.
I was at Menards a few months ago and found the Copper Hammered Paint in quart cans. Which made me happy!!
Trying to empty rattle cans into my paint guns for large signs, super sucked. :(

Its also on Ebay if you cant find it at your local Lowes/Menards, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quart-Copper-Hammer ... 609wt_1141

You can also manipulate this paint being able to shoot it from a paint gun, making the fisheyes (hammered effect) bigger, deeper, or smaller depending how you set up the gun and part temperature.
You want it done cheap and fast, it wont be right.
You want it done right and fast, it wont be cheap.

You want it done right and cheap.., come back in a year..
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Rustoleum Hammered paint

Post by WSS »

That is very useful. I will post some pics of a recent project using cherry red gloss, black hammered and acrylic clear. Hammered does some neat patterns.

WSS
Jeff M
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Jeff M »

I use the rustoleum hammered finish in the rattle cans. It leaves a nice looking finish. I use the silver, gold, copper, and brown. I stay away from the black because it seems to show smudge marks real easy if it is not clear coated. I like the idea of the quart cans and spray gun. But if I have just a couple or three small pieces cut out, I like the cans. No clean up. Not sure about the patinas. I'd like to see it being done and what all is involved. Just my two cents.

Jeff M
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

I've been using the Rustoleum hammered paint in quarts and rattle cans for several years and love it. The only downside is that they quit making the hammered blue which I used fairly often. BUMMER! On the flip side, Rustoleum has come out with some real neat glitter paint which I sometimes mist on other colors, then clearcoat. And automotive clearcoat works on every color I've tried...no lifting or webbing. Really looks sharp.

A Menards store opened in our area last year and they have the largest selection of Rustoleum paint I've ever seen. They have colors I didn't even know they made.

Allen

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”