Durable outdoor paint for fence panels

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
Patclem
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Durable outdoor paint for fence panels

Post by Patclem »

I'm about to build some cut fence panels. They'll be exposed to German Shepherd dogs, so the finish needs to be super durable. We don't want to go through the hassle of powder coating these large pieces.

I used Majic paint with hardener when I sprayed my plasma table frame, and it's SUPER durable - not a scratch on it after two years. However, the usual supply from Tractor Supply doesn't have a tint option to make it brown. Not sure if the same paint formulation is available in a tintable form somewhere else, or if there's another option for super durable paint?

Thanks!
Bucket8577
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Durable outdoor paint for fence panels

Post by Bucket8577 »

I am interested in this as well. Doesn't look promising though.
Newbie to plasma cutting.
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

I have been using this from the local True Value, it is a one part polyurethane system. It can be tinted or comes in basic colors. I apply it over a Rustoleum clean metal white primer. I consider it a "good" system just not a "great" system like some of the 2 part industrial polyurethane systems I shot back in the industrial coating days..

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Bucket8577
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bucket8577 »

Sweet. Thank you.
Newbie to plasma cutting.
TJS

Post by TJS »

I use a Primer first as stated or 2 part primer. Then I use rustoleum 1 gal cans of the color of your choice. I then mix 8:2:1 (paint, hardner, and transtar reducer). The hardner is called "Super Wet look" acrylic enamel hardner and gloss enhancer. Ebay or local body shop supply has this. I painted a gate project I did going on 1.5 years and still shiny to this day. You can see my gate build on my YT channel: TJS Welding and Fabrication.
T.J.

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”