BILL, I'M IMPRESSED!

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

BILL, I'M IMPRESSED!

Post by abmetal »

I used the STEEL FX Grime Git'r for the first time and I'm really happy with the results. I left the parts in the solution overnight and the next morning almost all dross was gone. Yeah, I know vinegar will do that also, but it weakens fairly quickly. The thing I really like about Grime Git'r is that it actually CLEANS the steel. I've used both muriatic acid and vinegar in the past and, while they remove the dross, they don't clean the metal. I use a flat flap wheel to brighten the steel after it's clean and I noticed that there's no buildup in the flap wheel after using Grime Git'r like there is with the other solutions. Another plus is that I noticed NO ODOR whatsoever and, (yeah I know I'm supposed to always wear gloves) it doesn't burn all the cuts I have on my hands.

I know this thread is under the wrong heading but there's no new topic window showing for the dross/slag removal.

Allen

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”